- arrange for sexual partners for othersFound on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=pander
• (v. i.) To act the part of a pander. • (v. t.) To play the pander for. • (n.) A male bawd; a pimp; a procurer. • (n.) Hence, one who ministers to the evil designs and passions of another.Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/pander/
Pan'der intransitive verb
To act the part of a pander. Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/12
[ From Pandarus
, a leader in the Trojan army, who is represented by Chaucer and Shakespeare as having procured for Troilus the possession of Cressida.] 1.
A male bawd; a pimp; a procurer. « Thou art the pander
to her dishonor.» Shak. 2.
...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/12
Pan'der transitive verb
[ imperfect & past participle Pandered
; present participle & verbal noun Pandering
.] To play the pander for. Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/12
1. A male bawd; a pimp; a procurer. 'Thou art the pander to her dishonor.' (Shak) ... 2. Hence, one who ministers to the evil designs and passions of another. 'Those wicked panders to avarice and ambition.' (Burke) ... Origin: From Pandarus, a leader in the Trojan army, who is represented by Chaucer and Shakespeare as having procured for Troilus th...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
1. The act of procuring customers for the prostitutes normally by the pimps, who does it for their own commission and profits. They also lures or entices the women into prostitution for which they are paid. 2. Also refers to making false promises to win someones favour and support.Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21213
1) To solicit customers for a prostitute. 2) A pimp, who procures customers for a prostitute or lures a woman into prostitution for the pimp's own profit. 3) To cater to special interests without principle.Found on http://www.nolo.com/dictionary/pander-term.html
1) v. to solicit customers for a prostitute. 2) n. a pimp, who procures customers for a prostitute or lures a woman into prostitution, all for his own profit. 3) v. catering to special interests without any principles, such as a politician who says to whatever group he/she is addressing just what they want to hear to win their support, contribution...Found on http://dictionary.law.com/Default.xhtml?selected=1435
archaic or obsolete terms > General: One involved in lustful activities. A ruffian, swaggerer, one who looks after whores. Someone who after a prostitute admits a man into her rooms, pretends to be her husband and on entering after a signal demands blackmail payments. Someone who cheats or entraps.
Found on http://www.skyscript.co.uk/glossarytt.html
pander, panderer, pandering (not related to the pand-, pans-, pass- family). 1. To act as a go-between or liaison in sexual intrigues; to function as a procurer. 2. To cater to the lower tastes and desires of others or to exploit their weaknesses. 3. To indulge someone's weaknesses or questionable wishes and tastes: 'The mother was tired of pande...Found on http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/1568/3
No exact match found