- a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
- the act of dressing and preparing yourself
- a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination 2. [n] - a room equipped with toilet facilities 3. [n] - the act of dressing and preparing yourselfFound on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=toilet
Toilet: 1. In medicine, cleansing of a wound and the skin around it. 2. In obstetrics, cleansing of a woman just after childbirth. 3. In dentistry, the cleaning out of a cavity before a restoration. 4. A device for the disposal of urine and feces. Or the room containing such a device. The word toilet comes from the French toilette which originally ...Found on http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=26357
[ French toilette
, dim. of toile
cloth. See Toil
a net.] 1.
A covering of linen, silk, or tapestry, spread over a table in a chamber or a dressing room. 2.
A dressing table. Pope. 3.
Act or mode of dressing, or that which is arranged...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/T/65
1. Cleansing of the obstetrical patient after childbirth or of a wound after an operation preparatory to the application of the dressing. ... 2. In dentistry, cavity debridement, the final step before placing a restoration in a tooth whereby the cavity is cleaned and all debris is removed. ... Origin: Fr. Toilette ... (05 Mar 2000) ... Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
the act of dressing and preparing yourself; `he made his morning toilet and went to breakfast`Found on https://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20974
a plumbing fixture for defecation and urinationFound on https://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20974
(toi´lәt) the cleansing and dressing of a wound and the surrounding area. an apparatus into which defecation and urination can be done;Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (n.) A dressing table. • (n.) A covering of linen, silk, or tapestry, spread over a table in a chamber or a dressing room. • (n.) Act or mode of dressing, or that which is arranged in dressing; attire; dress; as, her toilet is perfect.Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/toilet/
toilet 1. A fixture for defecation and urination, consisting of a bowl fitted with a hinged seat and connected to a waste pipe and a flushing apparatus; a privy, latrine, water closet, lavatory, etc. 2. A room or booth containing the fixtures as described in number 1, above. 3. The act or process of dressing or grooming oneself, including bathing...Found on http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/3944/
Toilet is slang for disgusting, squalid, vulgar.Found on http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/ZT.HTM
Type: Term Pronunciation: toy′let Definitions: 1. Cleansing of the obstetric patient after childbirth. 2. Cleansing of the surface of a wound after an operation preparatory to the application of the dressing. 3. In dentistry, cavity débridement, the final step before placing a restoration in a tooth whereby the cavity is cleaned and all debr...Found on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=92352
Place where waste products from the body are excreted. Simple latrines, with sewers to carry away waste, have been found in the Indus Valley and ancient Babylon; the medieval garderobe is essentially the same, even though flushing lavatories had been known to Roman civilizationsFound on http://www.talktalk.co.uk/reference/encyclopaedia/hutchinson/m0026953.html
to dress and groom oneselfFound on http://charlesdickenspage.com/glossary.html
A toilet room is a room containing a toilet and sometimes a sink (washbasin). == Alternative names == A toilet room, often shortened to just toilet, may also be called a lavatory, or WC, short for `water closet`. In places such as North America where the norm in residences is for there not to be a separate room, the toilet is almost ...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_(room)
the process of dressing or grooming oneself.Found on https://www.cliffsnotes.com/literature/l/lord-of-the-flies/study-help/full-
No exact match found