- the act of removing hair with a razor
- the act of brushing against while passing
- remove body hair with a razor
- cut closely
- cut the price of
- cut slices from
- touch the surface of lightly
Shaving is the removal of hair, by using a razor or any other kind of bladed implement, to slice it down—to the level of the skin or otherwise. Shaving is most commonly practiced by men to remove their facial hair and by women to remove their leg and underarm hair. A man is called clean-shaven if he has had his beard entirely removed. Both men a...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaving
• (n.) That which is shaved off; a thin slice or strip pared off with a shave, a knife, a plane, or other cutting instrument. • (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Shave • (n.) The act of one who, or that which, shaves; specifically, the act of cutting off the beard with a razor.Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/shaving/
(from the article `razor`) keen-edged cutting implement for shaving or cutting hair. Prehistoric cave drawings show that clam shells, shark`s teeth, and sharpened flints were ...Found on http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/s/77
Shav'ing noun 1.
The act of one who, or that which, shaves; specifically, the act of cutting off the beard with a razor. 2.
That which is shaved off; a thin slice or strip pared off with a shave, a knife, a plane, or other cutting instrument. ' Shaving
of silver.' Chaucer.
...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/S/83
The removal of excess material from the non-grain side of a hide or skin to obtain an even thickness.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20213
No exact match found