• (n.) That arrangement of an electrical system in which all positive poles, electrodes, terminals, etc., are joined to one conductor, and all negative poles, etc., to another conductor; -- called also multiple. Opposed to series. • (v. t.) To equal; to match; to correspond to. • (n.) A character consisting of two parallel vertical l...Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/parallel/
(Digital cameras and photo printers) Simultaneous but independent execution of individual tasks.Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20472
1) A circuit interconnection in that the source feeds several branch circuit components and interruption of current flow in one component does not stop current flow in another.
2) A method of sending data where each digit of a digital word is sent at the same time over separate wires/connections.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20447
1. pertaining to straight lines or planes that do not intersect. 2. pertaining to electric circuit components connected 'in parallel' so that the current flow divides, each branch passing through one component, and rejoins; applied by extension to any similar parallel circuit, e.g. the systemic circulation to the various organs.Found on http://users.ugent.be/~rvdstich/eugloss/DIC/dictio64.html
1. Pertaining to straight lines or planes that do not intersect. ... 2. <physics> Pertaining to electric circuit components connected in parallel so that the current flow divides, each branch passing through one component and rejoins, applied by extension to any similar parallel circuit, for example the systemic circulation to the various org...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
of or relating to the simultaneous performance of multiple operations; `parallel processing`Found on https://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20974
[filling stations operator]
Parallel-M LTD is one of the leading operators in Ukraine`s oil wholesale and retail markets. The company has been operating at the Ukrainian market of petroleum products since 1995. Its network consists of 80 filling stations under TM Parallel (75 filling stations in Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhia and Dnipropetrov...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_(filling_stations_operator)
In geometry, parallel lines are lines in a plane which do not meet. The assumed existence and properties of parallel lines are the basis of Euclid`s parallel postulate. Two lines in a plane that do not intersect or touch at any point are said to be parallel. By extension, a line and a plane, or two planes, in three-dimensional Eu...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_(geometry)
==Characters== ==Volumes== ...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_(manga)
Par'al·lel adjective [ French parallèle , Latin parallelus , from Greek ...; para` beside + ... of one another, from ... other, akin to Latin alius . See Allien .] 1. (Geom.) Extended in the same direction, and in all parts equally distant; as, Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/19
Par'al·lel intransitive verb
To be parallel; to correspond; to be like. [ Obsolete] Bacon. Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/19
Par'al·lel noun 1.
A line which, throughout its whole extent, is equidistant from another line; a parallel line, a parallel plane, etc. « Who made the spider parallels
design, Sure as De Moivre, without rule or line ?» Pope. 2.
Direction conformable to that...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/19
Par'al·lel transitive verb
[ imperfect & past participle Paralleled
; present participle & verbal noun Paralleling
To place or set so as to be parallel; to place so as to be parallel to, or to conform in direction with, some...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/19
A configuration of an electrical circuit in which the voltage is the same across the terminals. The positive reference direction for each resistor current is down through the resistor with the same voltage across each resistor.Found on http://www.electromn.com/glossary/p.htm
A configuration of an electrical circuit in which the voltage is the same across the terminals. The positive reference direction for each resistor current is down through the resistor with the same voltage across each resistor.Found on https://energy.gov/eere/energybasics/articles/glossary-energy-related-terms
a device or communication channel is said to be parallel if the data is sent several bits at a time down several parallel wires - the printer port sends eight bits of data at a time
Found on http://www.archivemag.co.uk/
A line of latitude.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20195
A line parallel to the equator and connecting all places of the same latitude.Found on http://www.physicalgeography.net/physgeoglos/p.html
a link between data processing devices on which the data moves over multiple wires and more quickly than serial interface. Imagine transmitting all 8 letters in a word at the same time over each wire. In parallel interface, the 8 bits (a byte) are received and then processed simultaneously. A common parallel interface option is CentronicsÂ® (36 p...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20618
A means of connecting two or more circuits together so that their inputs are connected together, and their outputs are all connected together.Found on http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/music%20tech%20glossary/Music%20Tech%20Gl
A parallel was one of a series of long trenches constructed before a besieged fortress, by the besieging force, as a cover for troops supporting the attacking batteries. They were roughly parallel to the line of outer defences of the fortress.Found on http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/FP.HTM
being everywhere equidistant and not intersectingFound on https://www.vocabulary.com/lists/311755
Circle in parallel planes to that of the equator defining north-south measurements, also called line of latitude.Found on http://www.braeunig.us/space/glossary.htm
Components or circuits connected to the same end points, so that each circuit provides an alternate path for electrical current from the same source. Compare to series.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20581
duplicate, correspond to, or matchFound on https://www.vocabulary.com/lists/1017047
No exact match found