- the central and most intense or profound part
- a long steep-sided depression in the ocean floor
- literary term for an ocean
Complex, with layers of flavor that gradually unfold with aeration.Found on http://www.chowbaby.com/10_2000/glossary/glossary.html?synchpage=6&Z=550170
Having layers of persistent flavor that gradually unfold with aeration. Found on http://www.sallys-place.com/beverages/wine/wine_glossery.htm
- extending relatively far inward 2. [adj] - relatively thick from top to bottom 3. [adj] - marked by depth of thinking 4. [adj] - extreme 5. [adj] - large in quantity or size 6. [adj] - with head or back bent low 7. [adj] - relatively deep or strong 8. [adj] - having great spatial extension or penetration 9...Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=deep
Deep: In anatomy, away from the surface or further into the body. As opposed to superficial. The bones are deep to the skin. For a more complete listing of terms used in medicine for spatial orientation, please see the entry to 'Anatomic Orientation Terms'.Found on http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=9251
Deep (dēp) adjective [ Compar. Deeper ; superl. Deepest .] [ Middle English dep , deop , Anglo-Saxon deóp ; akin to Dutch diep , German tief , Icelandic djūpr , Swedish diupFound on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/D/21
To a great depth; with depth; far down; profoundly; deeply. « Deep
-versed in books, and shallow in himself.» Milton.
« Drink deep
, or taste not the Pierian spring.» Pope.
, in its usual adverbial senses, is oft...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/D/21
Deep noun 1.
That which is deep, especially deep water, as the sea or ocean; an abyss; a great depth. « Courage from the deeps
of knowledge springs.» Cowley.
« The hollow deep
of hell resounded.» Milton.
« Blue Neptune storms, the ...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/D/21
1. Extending far below the surface; of great perpendicular dimension (measured from the surface downward, and distinguished from high, which is measured upward); far to the bottom; having a certain depth; as, a deep sea. 'The water where the brook is deep.' (Shak) ... 2. Extending far back from the front or outer part; of great horizontal dimension...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
strong; intense; `deep purple`; `a rich red`Found on https://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20974
to a great depth; `dived deeply`; `dug deep`Found on https://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20974
A capital market may be said to be deep if it has great depth (which see). May less formally be used to describe a market with large total market capitalization. Contexts: financeFound on http://www.econterms.com/glossary.cgi?query=deep
• (superl.) Hard to penetrate or comprehend; profound; -- opposed to shallow or superficial; intricate; mysterious; not obvious; obscure; as, a deep subject or plot. • (superl.) Of penetrating or far-reaching intellect; not superficial; thoroughly skilled; sagacious; cunning. • (superl.) Profound; thorough; complete; unmixed; intense...Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/deep/
Type: Term Pronunciation: dēp Definitions: 1. Situated at a deeper level in relation to a specific reference point. Synonyms: profundusFound on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=23134
Deep is British slang for intellectual.Found on http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/ZD.HTM
further from the surface.Found on http://www.anatomy.usyd.edu.au/glossary/glossary.cgi?
[mixed martial arts]
Deep (previously Deep2001) is a Japan-based mixed martial arts promoting and sanctioning organization. It is promoted by Shigeru Saeki who is also the former Public Relations Director of Pride Fighting Championships. Their inaugural event took place in 2001 and featured Paulo Filho and Royler Gracie. On May 17, 2008, De...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_(mixed_martial_arts)
Zoids: Chaotic Century, simply titled Zoido in Japan, is the first of four anime series based on the Zoids range of mecha model kits produced by TOMY. It is loosely adapted from the manga series Kiiju Shinseiki Zoido, which was created by Michiro Ueyama and published in CoroCoro Comic. The series was animated by XEBEC, and ...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_(capital_market)
Essentially the same as concentrated, expressing the fact that the wine is rich, full of extract, and mouth filling.Found on http://www.erobertparker.com/info/glossary.asp
refers to a shot that bounces near the baseline verses near the netFound on http://www.ducksters.com/sports/tennisglossary.php
Fielding position prefix also indicating 'on the boundary' (See Long), but used in conjunction with the name of an infield position - e.g. deep square leg, deep extra cover.Found on http://www.wandererscricket.com/glossary.html
A shot that lands near the baseline, as opposed to near the netFound on http://www.superglossary.com/Glossary/Entertainment/Tennis/
a shot that lands near the baseline, as opposed to near the netFound on http://www.translationdirectory.com/glossaries/glossary148.htm
Shot that lands near the baseline, as opposed to near the net.Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_tennis_terms
(tone, color, effect, impression)
profundo, intenso, subidoFound on http://www.aleida.net/gloss3-en.html
No exact match found