- a short coat
- an outer wrapping or casing
- (dentistry) an artificial crown fitted over a broken or decayed tooth
- the tough metal shell casing for certain kinds of ammunition
A layer of material surrounding an optical fibre but not bonded to it; part of the cable, not of the fibre.
Steel structure placed at the bottom of the sea, the deck supports drilling / production facilities.
- the outer skin of a potato 2. [n] - the tough metal shell casing for certain kinds of ammunition 3. [n] - an outer wrapping or casing 4. [n] - a short coat 5. [v] - provide with a thermally non-conducting cover 6. [v] - put a jacket onFound on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=jacket
Steel structure placed on the seabed with a deck supporting drilling and/or production facilities.
Found on http://www.contractorsunlimited.co.uk/glossary.shtml
The cover in which a hardback book is sold.Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20829
The lower section, or 'legs', of an offshore platform.
Found on http://www.oilandgasuk.co.uk/glossary.cfm
[ French jaquette
, dim. of jaque
. See 3d Jack
A short upper garment, extending downward to the hips; a short coat without skirts. 2.
An outer covering for anything, esp. a covering of some nonconducting material s...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/J/1
Jack'et transitive verb 1.
To put a jacket on; to furnish, as a boiler, with a jacket. 2.
To thrash; to beat. [ Low]Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/J/1
1. A short upper garment, extending downward to the hips; a short coat without skirts. ... 2. An outer covering for anything, especially. A covering of some nonconducting material such as wood or felt, used to prevent radiation of heat, as from a steam boiler, cylinder, pipe, etc. ... 3. In ordnance, a strengthening band surrounding and reenforcing...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
a short coatFound on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=jacket
(jak´әt) an encasement or covering for the trunk, especially the thorax. plaster-of-Paris jacket a casing of plaster of paris enveloping the body, for the purpose of giving support or correcting deformities; see also cast. Sayre jacket a plaster-of-Pa...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (n.) An outer covering for anything, esp. a covering of some nonconducting material such as wood or felt, used to prevent radiation of heat, as from a steam boiler, cylinder, pipe, etc. • (n.) A short upper garment, extending downward to the hips; a short coat without skirts. • (n.) In ordnance, a strengthening band surrounding and...Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/jacket/
Type: Term Pronunciation: jak′et Definitions: 1. A fixed bandage applied around the body to immobilize the spine. 2. In dentistry, a term commonly used in reference to an artificial crown composed of fired porcelain or acrylic resin.Found on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=46137
Jacket is a numerical computing platform enabling GPU acceleration of MATLAB-based codes. Developed by AccelerEyes, Jacket allows GPU-based matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, and interfacing with programs written in other languages, including C, C++, CUDA, and OpenCL. == History ==...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacket_(software)
Jacket is American slang for a personal file or dossier.Found on http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/ZJ.HTM
A covering over insulated conductors for the purpose of electrical, chemical, and physical protection.Found on http://www.youngco.com/young2.asp?ID=4&Type=3
partial or complete external covering of a cell NOTE - A jacket may be made of metal (insulated from the cell terminals), plastic, paper or other suitable material.Found on http://www.electropedia.org/iev/iev.nsf/display?openform&ievref=482-02-20
The enclosure on a water heater, furnace, or boiler.Found on http://www.electromn.com/glossary/j.htm
The enclosure on a water heater, furnace, or boiler. Related category • HEATINGFound on http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/J/AE_jacket.html
A jacket is a short coat without tails.Found on http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/PJ.HTM
A jacket is a crown for a front tooth usually made of porcelain. It is also called a cap.Found on http://www.dentalfind.com/info/jacket
Jacket (now published as Jacket2) is an online literary periodical, which was founded by the Australian poet John Tranter. The first issue was in October 1997. Until 2010, each new number of the magazine was posted at the Web site piece by piece until the new issue was full, when the next issue started. Past issues remain posted ...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacket_(magazine)
A jacket is a hip- or waist-length garment for the upper body. A jacket typically has sleeves, and fastens in the front or slightly on the side. A jacket is generally lighter, tighter-fitting, and less insulating than a coat, which is outerwear. Some jackets are fashionable, while others serve as protective clothing. ==Etymology== The word jacket ...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacket
A metal, usually copper, wrapped around a lead core to form a bullet.Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_firearms_terms
No exact match found