- the expression on a person's face
- the act of directing the eyes toward something and perceiving it visually
- physical appearance
- the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
Look is slang for current style, fashion.Found on http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/ZL.HTM
A tasting term for the casual sensory evaluation of a wine.Found on http://www.translationdirectory.com/glossaries/glossary092.htm
- physical appearance 2. [n] - the act of directing the eyes toward something and perceiving it visually 3. [v] - accord in appearance with 4. [v] - give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect 5. [v] - perceive with attention 6. [v] - convey by one`s expression 7. [v] - have a certain outward or fac...Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=look
A tasting term for the casual sensory evaluation of a wine.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20673
Look intransitive verb [ imperfect & past participle Looked ; present participle & verbal noun Looking .] [ Middle English loken , Anglo-Saxon lōcian ; akin to German lugen , Old High German luogēnFound on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/L/60
Look transitive verb 1.
To look at; to turn the eyes toward. 2.
To seek; to search for. [ Obsolete] « Looking
my love, I go from place to place.» Spenser. 3.
To expect. [ Obsolete] Shak. 4.
To influence, overawe, or subdue by look...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/L/60
Look noun 1.
The act of looking; a glance; a sight; a view; -- often in certain phrases; as, to have, get, take, throw, or cast, a look
. « Threw many a northward look
to see his father Bring up his powers; but he did long in vain.» Shak. 2.
Expressi...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/L/60
1. To direct the eyes for the purpose of seeing something; to direct the eyes toward an object; to observe with the eyes while keeping them directed; with various prepositions, often in a special or figurative sense. See Phrases below. ... 2. To direct the attention (to something); to consider; to examine; as, to look at an action. ... 3. To seem; ...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
looking 1 looking at noun
the act of directing the eyes toward something and perceiving it visually; `he went out to have a look`; `his look was fixed on her eyes`; `he gave it a good looking at`; `his camera does his looking for him`Found on https://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20974
give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect; `She seems to be sleeping`; `This appears to be a very difficult problem`; `This project looks fishy`; `They appeared like people who had not eaten or slept for a long time`Found on https://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20974
Used for listed equity securities. See: Picture.Found on http://www.duke.edu/~charvey/Classes/wpg/bfglosl.htm
• (v. i.) To direct the eyes for the purpose of seeing something; to direct the eyes toward an object; to observe with the eyes while keeping them directed; -- with various prepositions, often in a special or figurative sense. See Phrases below. • (v. i.) To show one`s self in looking, as by leaning out of a window; as, look out of the wi...Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/look/
(from the article `Cowles family`) In 1937 Gardner Cowles founded Look magazine, which he operated from Des Moines until 1941, when he moved it to New York. The magazine gave Henry ... [3 related articles]Found on http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/l/71
Look (לוק Luk) is an modeling agency founded in 1988. Since 2005, it has been owned by Amelia Hayes. Every year the winner is given a contract, together with the weekly magazine La`Isha. ...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Look_(modeling_agency)
Look is a glossy high street fashion and celebrity weekly magazine for young women. It is published by IPC Media, and edited by Ali Hall. The magazine focuses on fashion, high street shopping advice, celebrity style and news, and real life stories. ==History== Launched in February 2007, Look delivered a debut ABC of 318,907 ma...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Look_(UK_magazine)
Look was a bi-weekly, general-interest magazine published in Des Moines, Iowa, from 1937 to 1971, with more of an emphasis on photographs than articles. A large-size magazine of 11 by 14 inches, it was generally considered the also-ran to Life magazine, which began publication months earlier and ended in 1972. It is know...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Look_(American_magazine)
look, aspecto, apariencia, presentación personalFound on http://www.aleida.net/gloss3-en.html
verse, lucirFound on http://www.aleida.net/gloss3-en.html
No exact match found