- the act of determining the properties of something
- the decision of a court on issues of fact or law
- something that is found
- come upon, as if by accident; meet with
- discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
- after a calculation, investigation, experiment, survey, or study
- come to believe on the basis of emotion, intuitions, or indefinite grounds
- perceive ......
[n] - something that is found 2. [n] - the decision of a court on issues of fact or law
Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=finding
Find'ing noun 1. That which is found, come upon, or provided; esp. ( plural ), that which a journeyman artisan finds or provides for himself; as tools, trimmings, etc. « When a man hath been laboring . . . in the deep mines of knowledge, hath furnished out his findings in all...
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/F/30
1. That which is found, come upon, or provided; especially. (pl), that which a journeyman artisan finds or provides for himself; as tools, trimmings, etc. 'When a man hath been laboring . . . In the deep mines of knowledge, hath furnished out his findings in all their equipage.' (Milton) ... 2. Support; maintenance; that which is provided for one; ...
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
• (n.) That which is found, come upon, or provided; esp. (pl.), that which a journeyman artisan finds or provides for himself; as tools, trimmings, etc. • (n.) The result of a judicial examination or inquiry, especially into some matter of fact; a verdict; as, the finding of a jury. • (n.) Support; maintenance; that which is provided...
Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/finding/
a process of sequential interrogation, initiated by a device requesting service, for locating that device from a group of devices
Found on http://www.electropedia.org/iev/iev.nsf/display?openform&ievref=714-15-04
That which has been ascertained, such as the ruling of the jury is conclusive as to matters of fact when confirmed by a judgment of the court.
Found on http://www.lectlaw.com/def/f118.htm
(n) Finding is the decision, opinion or observation arrived by a judge or jury on a factual position in a law suit under trial, which are vital for the decision making.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21213
Type: Term Pronunciation: fīnd′ing Definitions: 1. A clinically significant observation, usually used in relation to one found on physical examination or laboratory test.
Found on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=33408
Jewellery findings are the parts used to join jewellery components together to form a completed article. ==List of findings== Findings are available in all the jewellery metals - sterling silver, plated silver, gold, niobium, titanium, aluminium and copper. ...
Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finding
significant discrepancy found during an inspection.
Found on http://www.translationdirectory.com/glossaries/glossary119.htm
A functional component of a piece of jewellery, including settings, joints, clasps, hooks and backs
Found on http://www.saffronart.com/sitepages/jewelry/glossary.aspx
the court's or jury's decision on issues of fact
Found on https://www.nycourts.gov/lawlibraries/glossary.shtml
Formal conclusion by judge, jury or regulatory agency on issues of fact.
Found on http://www.pacourts.us/learn/legal-glossary
Formal conclusion by a judge or regulatory agency on issues of fact. Also, a conclusion by a jury regarding a fact.
Found on http://jec.unm.edu/manuals-resources/glossary-of-legal-terms
The determination by the trier of fact (judge or jury) of a factual question submitted to it for decision. Often referred to as a finding of fact. A finding of fact is distinguished from a conclusion of law, which is determined by the judge as the sole legal expert.
Found on http://www.nolo.com/dictionary/finding-term.html
the act of determining the properties of something
Found on https://www.vocabulary.com/lists/418206
No exact match found