Coinsurance

• (n.) Insurance jointly with another or others; specif., that system of fire insurance in which the insurer is treated as insuring himself to the extent of that part of the risk not covered by his policy, so that any loss is apportioned between him and the insurance company on the principle of average, as in marine insurance or between other ...
Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/coinsurance/

coinsurance

(from the article `insurance`) If the insurance amount is less than 80 percent, a coinsurance clause is triggered, the operation of which reduces the recovery amount to the value ... Although there is no coinsurance clause as such in the ocean marine policy, losses are settled as though a 100 percent coinsurance clause existed. ... ....
Found on http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/c/107

Coinsurance

1) A form of insurance in which a person insures property for less than its full value and agrees to be responsible for the difference. Essentially the owner and the insurance company share the risk. 2) Insurance held jointly by two or more insurers.
Found on http://www.nolo.com/dictionary/coinsurance-term.html

coinsurance

noun insurance issued jointly by two or more underwriters
Found on https://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20974

Coinsurance

Co`in·sur'ance noun [ Co- + insurance .] Insurance jointly with another or others; specif., that system of fire insurance in which the insurer is treated as insuring himself to the extent of that part of the risk not covered by his policy, so that any loss is apportioned between him and the...
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/C/106

Coinsurance

A certain percent you must pay each benefit period after you have paid your deductible. This payment is for covered services only. You may still have to pay a copay.
Found on https://www.medmutual.com/For-Individuals-and-Families/Health-Insurance-Edu

coinsurance

A provision by which the insured individual shares in the cost of certain expenses. The same as copayment. ... (12 Dec 1998) ...
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973

Coinsurance

A provision in a member's coverage that limits the amount of coverage by the plan to a certain percentage, commonly 80 percent. Any additional costs are paid by the member out of pocket.
Found on https://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/22557

coinsurance

A provision of a dental benefit program by which the beneficiary shares in the cost of covered services, generally on a percentage basis. The percentage of a covered dental expense that a beneficiary must pay (after the deductible is paid). A typical coinsurance arrangement is one in which the third party pays 80% of the allowed benefit of the co...
Found on http://www.ada.org/glossaryforprofessionals.aspx

Coinsurance

Coinsurance: A provision by which the insured individual shares in the cost of certain expenses. The same as co-payment.
Found on http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=2774

Coinsurance

Is a hedging or risk management term. It refers to the amount of loss that the investor is positioned to take. When a firm is 85 percent hedged, then it is said that the firm is coinsuring the remainder or 15 percent. When an individual holds 100 shares of stock priced at $80/share and is also long a put with a $75 strike price, the individual is s...
Found on http://www.oasismanagement.com/glossary/

Coinsurance

Is a hedging or risk management term. It refers to the amount of loss that the investor is positioned to take. When a firm is 85 percent hedged, then it is said that the firm is coinsuring the remainder or 15 percent. When an individual holds 100 shares of stock priced at $80/share and is also long a put with a $75 strike price, the individual is s...
Found on http://www.oasismanagement.com/glossary/

Coinsurance

It is a clause in an insurance policy in which the insurance company and the insured agree to bear the losses according to a fixed percentage agreed between them for losses to person or property insured.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21213

coinsurance

Payment of a fixed percentage of the total charge (i.e., 20%, 30%, etc.)....
Found on http://www.oenb.at/dictionary/termini.jsp?EINTRAG_ID=1243

Coinsurance

The percent of the Medicare-approved amount that a Medicare beneficiary has to pay in addition to the deductible for Part A and/or Part B. In the Original Medicare Plan, the coinsurance payment is a percentage of the cost of the service (for example, 20%). In this example, coinsurance for a $100 x-ray would be $20.
Found on http://pssc.aphanet.org/resources-glossary.htm

coinsurance

The percentage of costs of medical care that a patient pays out of pocket. Coinsurance is most commonly found in indemnity, fee-for-service insurance and the PPO market. Its absence in the HMO arena is one of the strong marketing appeals of HMOs....
Found on http://www.oenb.at/dictionary/termini.jsp?EINTRAG_ID=1243

Coinsurance

The portion of eligible expenses that plan members are responsible paying, most often after the deductible is met. (CIGNA Choice Fund offers an employer the opportunity to add coinsurance to the fund.) It's usually determined as a percentage of the total cost.
Found on http://www.cigna.com/glossary/glossary.html?redir=/health/consumer/dental/d

Coinsurance

The portion of eligible expenses that plan members are responsible paying, most often after the dedu
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/22411

Coinsurance

This is your share of the costs of a covered medical service, calculated as a percentage of the allowed amount for the service. So if you incur a medical bill of $1,000 for a particular medical procedure or treatment and your plan has a 20% coinsurance level for that particular procedure or treatment, you will have to pay $200 out-of-pocket, and yo...
Found on http://coveringnewhampshire.org/health-insurance-glossary

Coinsurance

When your healthcare insurance has a coinsurance provision, you and your insurer divide the responsi
Found on http://www.superglossary.com/Glossary/Business/Taxes/

coinsurance

[n] - insurance issued jointly by two or more underwriters
Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=coinsurance
No exact match found