The fixed horizontal tail surface of an aeroplane.
Found on http://www.aeroplanemonthly.com/glossary/


A tailplane, also known as horizontal stabilizer (or horizontal stabiliser), is a small lifting surface located on the tail (empennage) behind the main lifting surfaces of a fixed-wing aircraft as well as other non-fixed-wing aircraft such as helicopters and gyroplanes. Not all fixed-wing aircraft have tailplanes. Canards, tailless and flying wing...
Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tailplane


The fixed horizontal tail surface
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/22135


Usually synonymous with Stabilator (q.v.).
Found on http://www.translationdirectory.com/glossaries/glossary370.php
No exact match found