The term pro forma, Latin for "as a matter of form" or "for the sake of form", is a term applied to practices or documents that are done as a pure formality, perfunctorily, or seek to satisfy the minimum requirements or to conform to a convention or doctrine. It has different meanings in different ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_forma
The objective of pro forma financial information is to show effects on historical financial information as if a proposed event had occurred earlier.
Found op http://www.ais-cpa.com/glosa.html
- Presentation of financial information that gives effect to an assumed event (e.g., MERGER).
Found op http://www.nysscpa.org/prof_library/guide.htm
It is known "as a matter of form" or " the sake of form" which could also mean, the formality to make things move along. It is used in accounting, business financials and statements which are based on certain facts and assumptions.
Found op http://www.legal-explanations.com/definitions/pro-forma.htm
1) prep. Latin for "as a matter of form," the phrase refers to court rulings merely intended to facilitate the legal process (to move matters along). 2) n. an accountant's proposed financial statement for a business based on the assumption that certain events occurred, such as a 20% increase in annu...
Found op http://dictionary.law.com/Default.xhtml?selected=1634
Pro forma is Latin for As a matter of form
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/YP.HTM
Accounts drawn up as though acquisitions and disposals that took place during a period, had taken place at the start of it....more on Pro-forma
Found op http://moneyterms.co.uk/p/
1) Merely routine 2) Perfunctory
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/proforma/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Gravitated (1)
• Grim Ness (11)
• Fat Slags (2)
• Bigambul (1)
• Lanifical (2)
• Hore (3)
• Exscriptural (2)
• Georgia Southern Railr (2)
• Black Cypress (1)
• Chalchiuhtotolin (1)
• Loretta Schwartz Nobel (1)
• Gershonite (1)
• Holzminden (2)
• WNBA Peak Performers (1)
• Jacob Rutsen Hardenber (1)
• Hearthstone (7)
• Hippolyte Lefèbvre (1)
• Gary Glitter (3)
• Heinrich Band (1)
• Herbert Rudley (2)
• Dowgate (1)
• Godinus (1)
• mika (3)
• Abeid Karume (1)