- put quickly or forcibly
- cause to strike the air in flight
- clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
- clap one's hands together
- strike the air in flight; of the wings of certain birds
- strike with the flat of the hand; usually in a friendly way, as in encouragement or greeting
- strike together so as to produce a sharp percussive noise, as of two flat......
A clap is the percussive sound made by striking together two flat surfaces, as in the body parts of humans or animals. Humans clap with the palms of their hands, often quickly and repeatedly to express appreciation or approval (see applause), but also in rhythm to match the sounds in music and dance. Some people slap the back of one hand into the ...
Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapping
• (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Clap
Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/clapping/
No exact match found