[adj] - (electricity) pertaining to or producing electric current by chemical action
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=voltaic
Vol·ta'ic adjective [ Confer French voltaïque , Italian voltaico .] 1. Of or pertaining to Alessandro Volta , who first devised apparatus for developing electric currents by chemical action, and established this branch of e...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/V/35
1. Of or pertaining to Alessandro Volta, who first devised apparatus for developing electric currents by chemical action, and established this branch of electric science; discovered by Volta; as, voltaic electricity. ... 2. Of or pertaining to voltaism, or voltaic electricity; as, voltaic induction;...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?voltaic
galvanic adjective pertaining to or producing electric current by chemical action; `a galvanic cell`; `a voltaic (or galvanic) couple`
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=voltaic
• (a.) Of or pertaining to voltaism, or voltaic electricity; as, voltaic induction; the voltaic arc. • (a.) Of or pertaining to Alessandro Volta, who first devised apparatus for developing electric currents by chemical action, and established this branch of electric science; discovered by ...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/voltaic/
(from the article `western Africa, history of`) ...beginning of the colonial era, seem to have been erected about the 15th century by relatively small bands of immigrants who eventually merged with ... [6 related articles]
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/v/35
Type: Term Pronunciation: vōl-tā′ik Synonyms: galvanic
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=99363
Voltaïc refers to five separate releases of related material from singer-songwriter Björk`s sixth studio album Volta. The full version of the release will include a CD of 11 songs performed live at the Olympic Studios, a DVD of Björk`s live performances in Paris and Reykjavík during the Volta t...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltaïc
1) Electrical phenomenon 2) Galvanic
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/voltaic/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Ruaidrí mac Fáeláin (1)
• impermeable junction (1)
• Isolated platform (1)
• Collateral Load (1)
• Gawar Patha, Gwar Path (1)
• Misrender (3)
• Beef up (9)
• Alan Woodrow (1)
• keirospasm (2)
• KFYN (1)
• satyagraha (10)
• sandworm (7)
• Hanzhong (2)
• Maximilian von Alopaeu (1)
• stereobate (3)
• cobaltmansontag (1)
• Traralgon (4)
• Hierophilia (2)
• mitochondrial disorder (1)
• Gasparo (2)
• freezer camp (1)
• Jordan (18)
• onestriper (1)
• contempt (17)