1. Concerned with growth and with nutrition. ... 2. Functioning involuntarily or unconsciously, as the vegetative nervous system. ... 3. Resting, denoting the portion of a cell cycle during which the cell is not involved in replication. ... 4. Of, pertaining to or characteristic of plants. ... (18 N...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?vegetative
adjective relating to involuntary bodily functions; `vegetative functions such as digestion or growth or circulation`
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=vegetative
(vej´ә-ta″tiv) concerned with growth and nutrition. functioning involuntarily or unconsciously. pertaining to plants. pertaining to asexual reproduction, such as by budding or fission.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (a.) Growing, or having the power of growing, as plants; capable of vegetating. • (a.) Having the power to produce growth in plants; as, the vegetative properties of soil. • (a.) Having relation to growth or nutrition; partaking of simple growth and enlargement of the systems of nut...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/vegetative/
1. concerned with growth and with nutrition. 2. functioning involuntarily or unconsciously, as the vegetative nervous system. 3. resting; denoting the portion of a cell cycle during which the cell is not involved in replication. 4. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of plants.
Found op http://users.ugent.be/~rvdstich/eugloss/DIC/dictio91.html
Vegetative describes vegetation. Vegetative may also refer to: ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetative
Type: Term Pronunciation: vej′ĕ-tā′tiv Definitions: 1. Growing or functioning involuntarily or unconsciously, after the assumed manner of vegetable life; denoting especially a state of grossly impaired consciousness, as after severe head trauma or brain disease, in which a pers...
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=97088
1) Dormancy 2) Quiescence 3) Quiescency 4) Sleeping 5) Vegetive
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/vegetative/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Middlebrook (1)
• South London Line (1)
• Morello Cherry (1)
• Evoip (1)
• Rock Love (1)
• Dima Khatib (1)
• Srem Gap (1)
• Cow Lick (8)
• Nandal (1)
• Engalsvik (1)
• Woollaston (2)
• Iryna Shepetyuk (1)
• Rockbourne (1)
• Stephane Guerin Tillie (1)
• Hedge Account (1)
• SS St. Sunniva (1)
• Saku Constituency (1)
• Tulan Ka?an (1)
• Sheldon Garon (1)
• High handedly (2)
• Orlow W. Chapman (1)
• MONOGAMOUS (9)
• The Brig (2)
• Tend (10)