• (n.) One of a special group of feathers which arise from each of the scapular regions and lie along the sides of the back. • (a.) Of or pertaining to the scapula or the shoulder. • (n.) Alt. of Scapulary
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/scapular/
(from the article `religious dress`) ...monasticism, beginning with the Rule of St. Benedict of Nursia in the 6th century, enabled standardization to become possible. Monastic dress ...
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/s/39
The term scapular (from Latin scapulae, "shoulders") as used today refers to two specific, yet related, Christian Sacramentals, namely the monastic and devotional scapulars, although both forms may simply be referred to as "scapular". The "monastic scapular" appeared first, perhaps as early as the ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapular
- a feather covering the shoulder of a bird
- garment consisting of a long wide piece of woolen cloth worn over the shoulders with an opening for the head; part of a monastic habit
Type: Term Pronunciation: skap′yū-lăr Definitions: 1. Relating to the scapula.
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=79892
1) Bone 2) Monk's garment 3) Os
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/scapular/1
From Latin scapulae, or shoulder, back. Long gown of cloth that hangs over the chest and back
Found op http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/glossario-en/indice-glossario/S/
Feathers situated on the upperparts between the mantle and the wing coverts. Short feathers in the area where the bird
Found op http://www.jacanaent.com/PhotoLib/Glossary.htm
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• casillas (1)
• Elaine (6)
• Lee Janzen (1)
• Degenerative Listhesis (1)
• Penn Manor High School (1)
• Colombard (5)
• Hyper reality (3)
• Hadersdorf Kammern (1)
• Gerry (8)
• no frills(a) (2)
• Miko (4)
• bond (25)
• Sam Patch (1)
• Boa people (8)
• amphibolic (7)
• us a (25)
• Ely High School For Gi (1)
• József Kovács (2)
• coal (25)
• Unvaried (3)
• MORYA (2)
• Supplicatory (3)
• Panel consensus method (1)
• Sipp (4)