Re`tro·gres'sion noun [ Confer French rétrogression . See Retrograde , and confer Digression .] 1. The act of retrograding, or going backward; retrogradation. 2. (Biol.) Backward development; a passing from...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/R/69
1. The act of retrograding, or going backward; retrogradation. ... 2. <biology> Backward development; a passing from a higher to a lower state of organization or structure, as when an animal, approaching maturity, becomes less highly organised than would be expected from its earlier stages or ...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?retrogression
(ret″ro-gresh´әn) degeneration; deterioration; regression; return to an earlier, less complex condition.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (n.) Backward development; a passing from a higher to a lower state of organization or structure, as when an animal, approaching maturity, becomes less highly organized than would be expected from its earlier stages or known relationship. Called also retrograde development, and regressive met...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/retrogression/
In meteorology, it is the movement of a weather system in a direction opposite to the direction of the basic flow in which it is embedded. Often used in reference to a long wave trough or other macroscale feature. For example, a long wave trough that may move slightly westward when the 'normal' move...
Found op http://www.weather.com/glossary/r.html
or retrograde motion means motion that is backwards from the usual way things move in the Northern Hemisphere extratropics - which is from west to east. In meterology, the term is used in relation to atmospheric waves or pressure systems. When meterologists say that a pattern will retrograde, they m...
Found op http://www.cpc.noaa.gov/products/outreach/glossary.shtml
Type: Term Pronunciation: ret′rō-gresh′ŭn Synonyms: cataplasia
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=78047
1) Degeneration 2) Shift 3) Transformation 4) Transmutation
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/retrogression/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• steem (3)
• Roy Hamey (1)
• Stumpffia grandis (1)
• KORK LD (2)
• Vâlcelul Lucacila Riv (1)
• Roland Dussault (1)
• Myles Mack (1)
• East to West (3)
• Cartilaginous (12)
• Prae (1)
• nauplius (11)
• Dioryctria disclusa (1)
• Magdalen Dacre (1)
• Anti Submarine (3)
• Oleotherapy (4)
• Nicotinic acid (7)
• strip light (4)
• Renée (4)
• Shuffle note (1)
• Lac burgaute (2)
• sudokeratosis (1)
• Featherstone (4)
• Jamaat e Islami Kashmi (1)
• Fire Rated (3)