[n] - an auxiliary activity
Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=avocation
Av`o·ca'tion noun [ Latin avocatio .] 1. A calling away; a diversion. [ Obsolete or Archaic] « Impulses to duty, and powerful avocations from sin. South. » 2. That which calls one away from one's regu...
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/A/153
1. A calling away; a diversion. 'Impulses to duty, and powerful avocations from sin.' (South) ... 2. That which calls one away from one's regular employment or vocation. 'Heaven is his vocation, and therefore he counts earthly employments avocations.' (Fuller) 'By the secular cares and avocations wh...
Found on http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?avocation
by-line noun an auxiliary activity
Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=avocation
• (n.) Pursuits; duties; affairs which occupy one`s time; usual employment; vocation. • (n.) That which calls one away from one`s regular employment or vocation. • (n.) A calling away; a diversion.
Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/avocation/
avocation 1. A hobby or pastime; not one's work. 2. The opposite of one's career or occupation. 3. Etymology: 'a calling away from one's occupation', from Latin avocationem, 'a calling away'; and Latin avocare, 'to call away'; from ad-, 'away' plus vocare, 'to call'.
Found on http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/2320/
An avocation is an activity that one engages in as a hobby outside one`s main occupation. There are many examples of people whose professions were the ways that they made their livings, but for whom their activities outside of their workplaces were their true passions in life. Occasionally, as with...
Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avocation
1) An auxiliary activity 2) By-line 3) Hobby 4) Interest 5) Pastime 6) Pursuit 7) Sideline 8) Spare-time activity
Found on http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/avocation/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• West Hyde Park (1)
• managed currency (3)
• Ye with breve (1)
• Kosovafilm (1)
• Plotting room (1)
• Zat (2)
• David Bar Illan (1)
• María Aleandro Robled (1)
• Nino (8)
• Oxygen 17 (3)
• bibitory (3)
• SSI`s (1)
• kruidnoten (1)
• Marcello Lippi (1)
• Brambles Farm (1)
• kilomËtre (7)
• Deturgescence (2)
• avian diphtheria (1)
• Letraset (2)
• Fillet (25)
• Tadmor Prison massacre (1)
• Hereditament (6)
• sendee (3)
• ICCROM (1)