[n] - a system of words used in a particular discipline
Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=terminology
Ter`mi·nol'o·gy noun [ Latin terminus term + -logy : confer French terminologie .] 1. The doctrine of terms; a theory of terms or appellations; a treatise on terms. 2. The terms actually used in any business, art,...
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/T/30
1. <study> The doctrine of terms; a theory of terms or appellations; a treatise on terms. ... 2. The terms actually used in any business, art, science, or the like; nomenclature; technical terms; as, the terminology of chemistry. 'The barbarous effect produced by a German structure of sentence...
Found on http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?terminology
nomenclature noun a system of words used to name things in a particular discipline; `legal terminology`; `biological nomenclature`; `the language of sociology`
Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=terminology
(tur″mĭ-nol´ә-je) the vocabulary of an art or science. the science that deals with the investigation, arrangement, and construction of terms. International Anatomical Terminology Terminologia Anatomica.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (n.) The terms actually used in any business, art, science, or the like; nomenclature; technical terms; as, the terminology of chemistry. • (n.) The doctrine of terms; a theory of terms or appellations; a treatise on terms.
Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/terminology/
[artifact] A terminology can be defined as a set of designations in a subject field. A simple example could be a list of words describing a category, such as "types of trees", "body parts". An ontology (information science) is a special type of terminology that is structured and more suitabl...
Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminology_(artifact)
1) A system of words used in a particular discipline 2) Argot 3) Gobbledygook 4) Language 5) Lingo 6) Nomenclature 7) Slang 8) Word
Found on http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/terminology/1
The subject dealing with names.
Found on http://www.gardenology.org/wiki/Glossary_of_Gardening_Terms
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Loïc Chatton (2)
• Legs (25)
• Rerefief (2)
• fibroid phthisis (1)
• pneumohemopericardium (3)
• integrin (5)
• Delayed Ejaculation (3)
• Monociliated (3)
• Mammalogy (7)
• kitish (3)
• Purrumbete Mozzarella (1)
• Mingrelian (2)
• Dignifying (4)
• Urban Politics (1)
• negotiability (4)
• Cross bedding (9)
• Mahavira (9)
• Walking truck (1)
• Polymorphic packer (1)
• culm (18)
• Oylet (2)
• Lathraea (2)
• Nephrocystosis (2)
• vesic (25)