[n] - a word used for misbehaving children
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=silly
Sil'ly adjective [ Compar. Sillier ; superl. Silliest .] [ Middle English seely , sely , Anglo-Saxon s...lig , ge s...lig , happy, good, from s...l , ...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/S/103
1. Happy; fortunate; blessed. ... 2. Harmless; innocent; inoffensive. 'This silly, innocent Custance.' 'The silly virgin strove him to withstand.' (Spenser) 'A silly, innocent hare murdered of a dog.' (Robynson (More's Utopia)) ... 3. Weak; helpless; frail. 'After long storms . . . With which my sil...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?silly
noun a word used for misbehaving children; `don`t be a silly`
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=silly
• (n.) Harmless; innocent; inoffensive. • (n.) Proceeding from want of understanding or common judgment; characterized by weakness or folly; unwise; absurd; stupid; as, silly conduct; a silly question. • (n.) Happy; fortunate; blessed. • (n.) Rustic; plain; simple; humble. •...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/silly/
[band] Silly is a German rock band. Founded in East Germany in the year 1978, Silly was one of the country`s most popular music acts, and was well known for its charismatic lead singer Tamara Danz. Her death in 1996 ended the band`s recording career for 14 years. In 2005 the surviving member...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silly_(band)
weak or deserving of pity
Found op http://tudorswiki.sho.com/page/Tudor+Words+Glossary
[album] Silly (傻) is the debut album released by Taiwanese singer and songwriter Queen Wei (魏如昀). ==Track listing== ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silly_(album)
[song] "Silly" is a song written by Fritz Bell, Clarence McDonald and Deniece Williams and performed by Williams. The soulful ballad was released off Williams` My Melody album in 1981 and became the most successful track off the album reaching as high as number fifty-three on the Billboard H...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silly_(song)
a modifier to the names of some fielding positions to denote that they are unusually close to the batsman, most often silly mid-off, silly mid-on, silly midwicket and silly point.
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_cricket_terms
1) ... putty 2) A word used for misbehaving children 3) Absurd 4) Birdbrained 5) Childish 6) Cockamamie 7) Cockamamy 8) Dim 9) Dippy 10) Fatuous 11) Foolish 12) Frivolous 13) Goofy 14) Idiotic 15)
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/silly/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Graham Coxon discograp (1)
• Jim (16)
• Arild Feldborg (1)
• Bibliotheca antiquaria (1)
• Belleville, North Dako (1)
• ad initium (1)
• Ameritest (1)
• Syndicalist (3)
• Holsteinsborg (1)
• KHTML (1)
• Yarlmuke (1)
• Merry Christmas to You (2)
• Militiate (2)
• Isocortex (4)
• Civil defense siren (1)
• hydrolytic stability (2)
• Dependent populations (1)
• Terraculture (4)
• Nikolay Baskov (1)
• Roger van Boxtel (1)
• TRP proteins (1)
• Pierre Benjamin Dumoul (1)
• MSOA (3)
• Wunderwaffe (1)