• (v. i.) To belch. • (n.) A shallow place in a stream; a ford. • (v. t.) To cleave; to rive; to split; as, to rift an oak or a rock; to rift the clouds. • p. p. of Rive. • (n.) An opening made by riving or splitting; a cleft; a fissure. • (v. i.) To burst open; to spli...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/rift/
[album] Rift is the fourth official studio album by the American rock band Phish. It is the band`s second concept album, the first being The Man Who Stepped into Yesterday in 1987, which has never been officially released. Rift`s songs convey the experience of a man dreaming about the rift i...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rift_(album)
In geology, a rift or chasm is a place where the Earth`s crust and lithosphere are being pulled apart and is an example of extensional tectonics. Typical rift features are a central linear downfaulted segment, called a graben, with parallel normal faulting and rift-flank uplifts on either side form...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rift
Zone between two diverging tectonic plates. The mid-oceanic ridge is an area where such plate divergence is occurring.
Found op http://www.physicalgeography.net/physgeoglos/r.html
A long, narrow, high and straight cave passage controlled by planes of weakness in the rock. Cf. fissure.
Found op http://www.cancaver.ca/docs/glossary.htm
- a gap between cloud masses
- a narrow fissure in rock
- a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions)
Region where the crust has split apart, usually marked by a rift valley (e.g., East African Rift, Rhine Graben).
Found op http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca/info-gen/glossa-eng.php
[video game] Rift (previously known as Rift: Planes of Telara) is a fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) from Trion Worlds. Rift takes place within a fantasy world called Telara. The game was released in March 2011. Rift received generally positive reviews f...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rift_(video_game)
A shallow or rocky place in a stream, forming either a ford or a rapid.
Found op http://www.streamnet.org/glossary.html
1) A narrow fissure in rock 2) Altercation result 3) Breach 4) Break 5) Break in friendly relations 6) Break in relations 7) Chasm 8) Clear breach 9) Crevice 10) Deep valley 11) Difference of opinion 12) Diplomatic b...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/rift/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Teen Mania Ministries (1)
• diripio (2)
• Bursae (plural or burs (1)
• actus Dei (1)
• politicomania (3)
• roll over (25)
• hiatus urogenitalis (1)
• Anderson Costa (2)
• India marking nut tree (1)
• xanthogranuloma (3)
• Terebra lindae (1)
• Rhine (14)
• IDC (9)
• contingent gift (1)
• Emetocathartic (4)
• Talas Alatau (2)
• Wappa meshi (1)
• Catacoustics (3)
• aud (11)
• Po (25)
• Defatigable (3)
• Team Bath F.C. (1)
• Organic nutrients (1)
• Perturbance (3)