seeming appearing as such professedÂ
Found op http://www.graduateshotline.com/list.html
[adj] - represented or appearing as such
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=ostensible
Os·ten'si·ble adjective [ From Latin ostensus , past participle of ostendere to show, prop., to stretch out before; from prefix obs- (old form of ob- ) + tendere to stretch. See Tend .] 1. Capable of...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/O/38
1. Capable of being shown; proper or intended to be shown. ... 2. Shown; exhibited; declared; avowed; professed; apparent; often used as opposed to real or actual; as, an ostensible reason, motive, or aim. ... Origin: From L. Ostensus, p. P. Of ostendere to show, prop, to stretch out before; fr. Pre...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?ostensible
ostensive adjective represented or appearing as such; pretended; `His ostensible purpose was charity, his real goal popularity`
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=ostensible
• (a.) Capable of being shown; proper or intended to be shown. • (a.) Shown; exhibited; declared; avowed; professed; apparent; -- often used as opposed to real or actual; as, an ostensible reason, motive, or aim.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/ostensible/
ostensible, ostensibly Apparent; seeming; professed [to stretch out before].
Found op http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/2808/5
1) Apparent 2) Seeming 3) Seeming appearing as such professed
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/ostensible/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• current linkage (1)
• Gekkou (1)
• YOG (3)
• BPI (7)
• Bluehead (3)
• Lace Joint (2)
• Rabbit rabbit (1)
• infrahyoid lymph nodes (1)
• crepuscular (21)
• Sarad (1)
• ecossaise (5)
• Berni Inn (3)
• Sinployea planospira (1)
• Atropine psychosis (1)
• Statutory school Age (1)
• Blunderhead (2)
• munifex (1)
• Big Noter (2)
• Specific Identificatio (1)
• Castigatio (4)
• CPCV (2)
• Dulcamara (5)
• Skate. (1)
• Kidepo River (1)