noun opportunity especially for employment or promotion; `there is an opening in the sales department`
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=opening
The period at the beginning of the trading session officially designated by an exchange, during which all transactions are considered made 'at the opening.' Related: Close.
Found op http://www.duke.edu/~charvey/Classes/wpg/bfgloso.htm
(o´pәn-ing) a gap or open space; anatomic nomenclature for various types of openings includes aditus, aperture, foramen, fossa, hiatus, inlet, meatus, orifice, ostium, and outlet. aortic opening the aperture in the diaphragm for passage of the descending aorta. aort...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (n.) A place which is open; a breach; an aperture; a gap; cleft, or hole. • (n.) The act or process of opening; a beginning; commencement; first appearance; as, the opening of a speech. • (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Open • (n.) Hence: A vacant place; an opportunity; as, an opening for...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/opening/
(from the article `chess`) There are three recognized phases in a chess game: the opening, where piece development and control of the centre predominate; the middlegame, where ... [3 related articles]
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/o/22
The beginning of the trading session at an exchange. Discover What It`s Like to Live Easy With EquiTrend
Found op http://www.equitrend.com/glossary2701.xhtml
[morphology] Together with closing, the opening serves in computer vision and image processing as a basic workhorse of morphological noise removal. Opening removes small objects from the foreground (usually taken as the dark pixels) of an image, placing them in the background, while closing ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opening_(morphology)
- a ceremony accompanying the start of some enterprise
- the first performance (as of a theatrical production)
- opportunity especially for employment or promotion
- the initial part of the introduction
- a possible alternative
- a vacant or unobstructed space
- an entrance equipped with...
the opening of a circuit-breaker by either manual or automatic control of protective devices NOTE - The expression 'tripping' of a network item (line, transformer) in fact means tripping of the associated circuit-breakers.
Found op http://www.electropedia.org/iev/iev.nsf/display?openform&ievref=604-02-31
1) Aperture 2) Beginning 3) Broadway event 4) Channel 5) Crack 6) Debut 7) Exit 8) Eye of a needle 9) Eyelet 10) First 11) First night 12) First performance 13) First showing 14) Fontanel 15) For...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/opening/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Captain James Berry Ho (1)
• Baugy, Cher (1)
• Captain Jat (1)
• Captain Love (1)
• sawtoothed edged (1)
• paratenic (1)
• Baugi (1)
• Iar 80 (1)
• Captain Cupcake (1)
• Captain Ibrahim Olugba (1)
• Baugh Fell (1)
• Captain Clegg (1)
• Venado (4)
• Captain Comet (1)
• Captain Cooke (1)
• Bauer, Gustav (1)
• rw (8)
• Captain Ahab (3)
• Captain Atom (1)
• ostiole (9)
• Captain Barracuda (1)
• Brazilin (4)
• Las Cuevas (1)
• partus (2)