• (n.) The place from which such observation is made. • (n.) A careful looking or watching for any object or event. • (n.) A person engaged in watching. • (n.) Object or duty of forethought and care; responsibility.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/lookout/
- A short wood bracket or cantilever that supports an overhang portion of a roof.
Found op http://www.homebuildingmanual.com/Glossary.htm
- a person employed to watch for something to happen
- an elevated post affording a wide view
- a structure commanding a wide view of its surroundings
- the act of looking out
A member of the crew stationed on the forecastle, or on the bridge, whose duty it is to watch for any dangerous objects or for any other vessels heaving into sight.
Found op http://www.insurexchange.com/glossary/maritime.htm
A person who is designated to keep watch.
Found op http://www.diy-wood-boat.com/Boating-terms.html
A person specially trained and used to warn staff who might be exposed to danger from moving trains or vehicles.
Found op http://www.trainweb.org/tubeprune/dictionary.htm
[horse] Lookout was a chestnut colt with full (up to the knee and hock joints) white stockings on three of his legs. Secretariat, incidentally, was similarly marked on the same three legs. Lookout`s sire, Troubadour, was the 1886 Suburban Handicap winner, while his damsire, King Alfonso, was...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookout_(horse)
[architecture] A lookout, lookout rafter or roof outlooker is a wooden joist that extends in cantilever out from the exterior wall (or wall plate) of a building, supporting the roof sheathing and providing a nailing surface for the fascia boards. When not exposed it serves to fasten the fini...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookout_(architecture)
[clipper] The Lookout was an 1853 clipper known for her passages from New York to San Francisco, and as an offshore and coastal trader in the lumber and coal trades. ==Launched at the height of the clipper boom== Lookout was launched in 1853, just as the construction of clippers reached its ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookout_(clipper)
1) Be careful 2) Crow's-nest occupant 3) Guard 4) Lookout man 5) Picket 6) Scout 7) Security guard 8) Sentinel 9) Sentry 10) Spotter 11) Township in ellis county kansas, usa 12) Watch 13) Watcher 14) Wa...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/lookout/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Höhenweg (1)
• Ramat HaSharon (1)
• One More Heartache (1)
• Teenage Pregnancy (2)
• gym mat (2)
• Anthony May (4)
• Jakarta Declaration (1)
• oneirataxia (1)
• Buga (3)
• periapical osteofibros (2)
• Tier (16)
• molybdenum target tube (2)
• Implied Distribution (1)
• Non possession (2)
• Vilem (2)
• Rumpot (2)
• Nonsettleable Solids (1)
• constricted affect (1)
• Ppt (6)
• free asset ratio (uk) (1)
• Eidoloscope (1)
• Fe (25)
• Grendizer (2)
• Harihareshwar (1)