Erythrite or red cobalt is a secondary hydrated cobalt arsenate mineral with the formula (Co3(AsO4)2·8H2O). Erythrite and annabergite (Ni3(AsO4)2·8H2O) (nickel arsenate) form a complete series with the general formula (Co,Ni)3(AsO4)2·8H2O. Erythrite crystallizes in the monoclinic system and form...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erythrite
E·ryth'rite noun [ Greek 'eryqro`s red.] 1. (Chemistry) A colorless crystalline substance, C 4 H 6 .(OH) 4 , of a sweet, cooling taste, extracted from certain lichens, and obtained by the decompos...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/E/65
1. <chemistry> A colourless crystalline substance, C4H6.(OH)4, of a sweet, cooling taste, extracted from certain lichens, and obtained by the decomposition of erythrin; called also erythrol, erythroglucin, erythromannite, pseudorcin, cobalt bloom, and under the name phycite obtained from the a...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?erythrite
cobalt bloom noun a reddish mineral consisting of hydrated cobalt arsenate in monoclinic crystalline form and used in coloring glass; usually found in veins bearing cobalt and arsenic
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=erythrite
• (n.) A rose-red mineral, crystallized and earthy, a hydrous arseniate of cobalt, known also as cobalt bloom; -- called also erythrin or erythrine. • (n.) A colorless crystalline substance, C4H6.(OH)4, of a sweet, cooling taste, extracted from certain lichens, and obtained by the decompos...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/erythrite/
arsenate mineral in the vivianite group, hydrated cobalt arsenate [Co3(AsO4)28H2O]. Erythrite, which is used as a guide to the presence of ... [1 related articles]
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/e/42
Erythrite is a secondary mineral which often shows a vivid colour and occurs in thin crusts. It is an important indicator of cobalt mineral deposits, being formed through the oxidation of cobaltite in veins and has the formulae Co3(AsO4)2ù8H2O and a relative hardness of 3.
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/HE.HTM
Type: Term Pronunciation: ĕ-rith′rīt Synonyms: erythritol
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=30299
1) Cobalt bloom 2) Mineral
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/erythrite/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Naab (3)
• fees and costs (1)
• Pachyceratidae (1)
• Southern Ohio Conferen (1)
• Intensity of abundance (1)
• Sayf ibn Dhi Yazan (1)
• Ko (13)
• ipilimumab (2)
• vesda (1)
• Marzipan (15)
• electronegative elemen (2)
• Latinoamérica (1)
• Monika Oražem (1)
• crosstown (4)
• pond (16)
• Jetstream 41 (1)
• circle (25)
• Polyvinylidene chlorid (3)
• Kuino (1)
• Georges Vuilleumier (1)
• William Earl Lynd (1)
• Mid Iowa Council (1)
• I O G T (25)
• Vicarius (3)