Items offered for sale on a cash or short-term credit basis. See commission merchant; guaranteed sale.
Found op http://www.fmi.org/facts_figs/glossary_search.cfm
[n] - the delivery of goods for sale or disposal
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=consignment
When goods are exported subject to consignment, the exporter only receives payment on completed sales. Any unsold items may be returned to the exporter, usually at their expense. This is a high-risk method of payment for an exporter. Also known as 'on consignment' or 'consignment stock'.
Found op http://www.bgateway.com/bdotg/action/glossaryAtoZ?alphaKey=C&site=202&categ
A consignment is a load collected from one place and delivered to one place. If you pick up three boxes from A and deliver them to B, C and D, that's three consignments - and you'll need a separate POD for each one. (If it's a multi-drop the arrangements might be different.)
Found op http://www.courierology.co.uk/courier-glossary.php
One or more pieces of cargo accepted by a carrier at one time and one address, moving as one lot under an AWB to one destination.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/visitor-contributions.php
Con·sign'ment noun 1. The act of consigning; consignation. 2. (Com.) The act of consigning or sending property to an agent or correspondent in another place, as for care, sale, etc. 3. (Com.) That which is consign...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/C/142
• (n.) The act of consigning or sending property to an agent or correspondent in another place, as for care, sale, etc. • (n.) The writing by which anything is consigned. • (n.) The act of consigning; consignation. • (n.) That which is consigned; the goods or commodities sent or ...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/consignment/
1. Something that is put into the care of another, as when a batch of traded goods is consigned to a shipper for transport to another location. 2.A method of marketing in which the seller entrusts a product to an agent, who then attempts to sell it on the seller's behalf, or 'on consignment.'
Found op http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alandear/glossary/c.html
Consignment the act of consigning, which is placing any material in the hand of another, but retaining ownership until the goods are sold or person is transferred. This may be done for shipping, transfer of prisoners, to auction, or for sale in a store (i.e. a consignment shop). To consign means to...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consignment
Transfer of possession but not title to goods. Title stays with the consignor, while the consignee has possession.
Found op http://www.ais-cpa.com/glosa.html
- goods carried by a large vehicle
- the official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital)
- the delivery of goods for sale or disposal
A delivery of merchandise from an exporter (the consignor) to an agent (the consignee) under the agreement that the agent will sell the merchandise, receive a commission, and remit the net proceeds to the exporter.
Found op http://www.exhibitoronline.com/glossary/index.html?letter=c
Merchandise shipped to a foreign agent or customer when an actual purchase has not been made, but under an agreement obliging the consignee to pay the consignor for the goods when sold.
Found op http://www.lectlaw.com/def/c100.htm
1) Batch 2) Cargo 3) Delivery 4) Freight 5) Lading 6) Load 7) Loading 8) Merchandise 9) Payload 10) Product 11) Shipment 12) Wares
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/consignment/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Sam Nicholl (1)
• Gederah (1)
• Airil Rizman Zahari (1)
• Laconic (4)
• standpipe (11)
• JRSM (2)
• Chennai (6)
• Tim Pollard (1)
• Justifiable (5)
• Airways New Zealand (1)
• purchase allowance (1)
• Ashdown Formation (1)
• Squali (3)
• Animation stand (2)
• Berwick Bassett (1)
• Re winding (7)
• Winnie (7)
• Unruhe (2)
• Dobro (7)
• Ambrosia trifida (1)
• Prior convictions (1)
• MN (13)
• Sven Olov Sjödelius (1)
• byfax (1)