- the trait of being resolute; firmness of purpose
- a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
- make clearly visible, as of images in optics 2. [v] - find the solution toFound on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=resolve
translate a numeric IP address into a textual domain name, e.g. 220.127.116.11 = risc.demon.co.uk
Found on http://www.archivemag.co.uk/
A musical progression which brings an ending to part of A pieceFound on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20596
Re·solve' transitive verb
[ imperfect & past participle Resolved
(-z?lvd'); present participle & verbal noun Resolving
.] [ Latin resolvere
, to untie, loosen, relax, enfeeble; prefix re-
re- + solve...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/R/62
Re·solve' intransitive verb
[ The sense 'to be convinced, to determine' comes from the idea of loosening, breaking up into parts, analyzing, hence, determining.] 1.
To be separated into its component parts or distinct principles; to undergo resolution. 2.
To melt; to dissolve; to become ...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/R/62
Re·solve' noun 1.
The act of resolving or making clear; resolution; solution. 'To give a full resolve
of that which is so much controverted.' Milton. 2.
That which has been resolved on or determined; decisive conclusion; fixed purpose; determination; also, legal or offic...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/R/62
1. To be separated into its component parts or distinct principles; to undergo resolution. ... 2. To melt; to dissolve; to become fluid. 'When the blood stagnates in any part, it first coagulates, then resolves, and turns alkaline.' (Arbuthhnot) ... 3. To be settled in opinion; to be convinced. 'Let men resolve of that as they plaease.' (Locke) ......Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberationFound on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=resolve
a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a voteFound on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=resolve
• (v. i.) To let the tones (as of a discord) follow their several tendencies, resulting in a concord. • (v. i.) To be separated into its component parts or distinct principles; to undergo resolution. • (v. i.) To change or convert by resolution or formal vote; -- used only reflexively; as, the house resolved itself into a committee o...Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/resolve/
Type: Term Pronunciation: rē-zolv′ Definitions: 1. To return or cause to return to the normal, particularly without suppuration, said of a phlegmon or other form of inflammation.Found on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=77595
`Resolve` is the third single from Foo Fighters album In Your Honor. It was released on 21 November 2005. It has been released on two different discs. In The West Wing episode, `Election Day Part I`, the band is seen playing this song at a campaign party for Democratic Presidential Candidate Matt Santos. ==Track listings== ==Music vi...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resolve_(song)
when referring to a condition, to clear up or heal.Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/22225
No exact match found