- a person who represents others
- an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose
- a member of the United States House of Representatives
(n) A representative is the person who is entitled to represent another person by an authority or approval from him to act on behalf of the person who deputed him, to execute the functions for which he was authorizedFound on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21213
- serving to represent or typify 2. [adj] - standing for something else 3. [adj] - being or characteristic of government by representation in which citizens exercise power through elected officers and representatives 4. [n] - a person who represents othersFound on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=representative
• (n.) One who, or that which, represents (anything); that which exhibits a likeness or similitude. • (a.) Serving or fitted to present the full characters of the type of a group; typical; as, a representative genus in a family. • (n.) A species or variety which, in any region, takes the place of a similar one in another region. &bul...Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/representative/
being or characteristic of government by representation in which citizens exercise power through elected officers and representatives; `representative government as defined by Abraham Lincoln is government of the people, by the people, for the people...Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=representative
[ Confer French repr...sentatif
Fitted to represent; exhibiting a similitude. 2.
Bearing the character or power of another; acting for another or others; as, a council representative
of the people. Swift. 3.
Conducted ...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/R/55
1. Fitted to represent; exhibiting a similitude. ... 2. Bearing the character or power of another; acting for another or others; as, a council representative of the people. ... 3. Conducted by persons chosen to represent, or act as deputies for, the people; as, a representative government. ... 4. Serving or fitted to present the full characters of ...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
1) An agent or other individual who stands in for another. 2) Someone who serves a constituency, such as a member of the House of Representatives. 3) The executor or administrator of the estate of a person who has died, sometimes called a personal representative.Found on http://www.nolo.com/dictionary/representative-term.html
1) n. an agent. 2) n. in probate law, a generic term for an executor or administrator of the estate of a person who has died, generally referred to as the "personal representative." 3) adj. typical, as "these pictures are representative of the conditions at the job site."Found on http://dictionary.law.com/Default.xhtml?selected=1802
a person who stands in for othersFound on https://www.vocabulary.com/lists/1987585
Reflecting a target population.
Found on http://www.gerardkeegan.co.uk/glossary/gloss_a.htm
Representative means standing up for and acting on the decisions of individuals, groups etc. Funky Dragon representatives represent the views of other young people on their forum.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20929
No exact match found