A line of latitude.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20195
- (computer science) of or relating to the simultaneous performance of multiple operations 2. [adj] - being everywhere equidistant and not intersecting 3. [v] - be parallel to 4. [v] - make or place parallel to somethingFound on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=parallel
1) A circuit interconnection in that the source feeds several branch circuit components and interruption of current flow in one component does not stop current flow in another.
2) A method of sending data where each digit of a digital word is sent at the same time over separate wires/connections.
Found on http://www.testing1212.co.uk/a.htm
(Digital cameras and photo printers) Simultaneous but independent execution of individual tasks.Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20472
a device or communication channel is said to be parallel if the data is sent several bits at a time down several parallel wires - the printer port sends eight bits of data at a time
Found on http://www.archivemag.co.uk/
Components or circuits connected to the same end points, so that each circuit provides an alternate path for electrical current from the same source. Compare to series.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20581
A means of connecting two or more circuits together so that their inputs are connected together, and their outputs are all connected together.Found on http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/music%20tech%20glossary/Music%20Tech%20Gl
a link between data processing devices on which the data moves over multiple wires and more quickly than serial interface. Imagine transmitting all 8 letters in a word at the same time over each wire. In parallel interface, the 8 bits (a byte) are received and then processed simultaneously. A common parallel interface option is CentronicsÂ® (36 p...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20618
Two or more lines are said to be parallel if they are in the same plane, but never intersect. Two or more planes are parallel if the planes never intersect.For two straight lines defined as: andIf m1
the lines are parallel.If m1
=-1 the two lines are perpendicular.Found on http://www.diracdelta.co.uk/science/source/p/a/parallel/source.html
In a parallel electrical circuit, the components share an energy source but do not share the same current.
Found on http://www.gcse.com/glos.htm
Par'al·lel adjective [ French parallèle , Latin parallelus , from Greek ...; para` beside + ... of one another, from ... other, akin to Latin alius . See Allien .] 1. (Geom.) Extended in the same direction, and in all parts equally distant; as, Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/19
Par'al·lel noun 1.
A line which, throughout its whole extent, is equidistant from another line; a parallel line, a parallel plane, etc. « Who made the spider parallels
design, Sure as De Moivre, without rule or line ?» Pope. 2.
Direction conformable to that...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/19
Par'al·lel transitive verb
[ imperfect & past participle Paralleled
; present participle & verbal noun Paralleling
To place or set so as to be parallel; to place so as to be parallel to, or to conform in direction with, some...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/19
Par'al·lel intransitive verb
To be parallel; to correspond; to be like. [ Obsolete] Bacon. Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/19
Par'al·lel noun (Electricity)
That arrangement of an electrical system in which all positive poles, electrodes, terminals, etc., are joined to one conductor, and all negative poles, etc., to another conductor; -- called also multiple
. Opposed to series
. » Parts of a system ...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/19
1. Pertaining to straight lines or planes that do not intersect. ... 2. <physics> Pertaining to electric circuit components connected in parallel so that the current flow divides, each branch passing through one component and rejoins, applied by extension to any similar parallel circuit, for example the systemic circulation to the various org...Found on http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?parallel
of or relating to the simultaneous performance of multiple operations; `parallel processing`Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=parallel
being everywhere equidistant and not intersecting; `parallel lines never converge`; `concentric circles are parallel`; `dancers in two parallel rows`Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=parallel
• (n.) That arrangement of an electrical system in which all positive poles, electrodes, terminals, etc., are joined to one conductor, and all negative poles, etc., to another conductor; -- called also multiple. Opposed to series. • (v. t.) To equal; to match; to correspond to. • (n.) A character consisting of two parallel vertical l...Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/parallel/
imaginary line extending around the Earth parallel to the equator; it is used to indicate latitude. The 38th parallel, for example, has a latitude of ... [2 related articles]Found on http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/p/16
1. pertaining to straight lines or planes that do not intersect. 2. pertaining to electric circuit components connected 'in parallel' so that the current flow divides, each branch passing through one component, and rejoins; applied by extension to any similar parallel circuit, e.g. the systemic circulation to the various organs.Found on http://users.ugent.be/~rvdstich/eugloss/DIC/dictio64.html
parallel (Literally, 'beside each other') 1. In geometry, relating to or being lines, planes, or curved surfaces that are always the same distance apart and therefore never meet. 2. Relating to two things that are comparable because they are similar and share many characteristics.Found on http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/4033/3
[filling stations operator]
Parallel-M LTD is one of the leading operators in Ukraine`s oil wholesale and retail markets. The company has been operating at the Ukrainian market of petroleum products since 1995. Its network consists of 80 filling stations under TM Parallel (75 filling stations in Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhia and Dnipropetrov...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallel_(filling_stations_operator)
A line parallel to the equator and connecting all places of the same latitude.Found on http://www.physicalgeography.net/physgeoglos/p.html
refers to a motor winding configuration; motors that are wired in parallel produce more torque at high speeds but less torque at low speeds than motors wired in series.Found on http://www.empiremagnetics.com/glossary/glossary.htm#A
No exact match found