The process of spreading coated material either with a machine or by hand with the use of rakes and shovels.
- the production of eggs (especially in birds)
- put into a certain place or abstract location
- put in a horizontal position
- prepare or position for action or operation
- impose as a duty, burden, or punishment
Laying is the skill of making equipment level. It usually involves moving equipment in small motions so that spirit levels are centralised in all planes. Movement is usually done by small worm gears or other fine setting devices for accurate small movements, together with other more coarse gears to allow large swings in motion for quick movement b...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laying
(from the article `rope`) The rope-laying operations require machines similar to strand-forming machinery. The strands, on bobbins, are pulled through a compression tube and ...Found on http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/l/24
- the production of eggs (especially in birds)Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=laying
• (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Lay • (n.) The act or period of laying eggs; the eggs laid for one incubation; a clutch. • (n.) The act of one who, or that which, lays. • (n.) The first coat on laths of plasterer`s two-coat work.Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/laying/
egg laying noun
the production of eggs (especially in birds)Found on https://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20974
Lay'ing noun 1.
The act of one who, or that which, lays. 2.
The act or period of laying eggs; the eggs laid for one incubation; a clutch. 3.
The first coat on laths of plasterer's two-coat work. Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/L/22
No exact match found