To shut down a well.
An attack that results in an immediate point or side out.
1) To turn off lanterns or sound effects. 2) To remove something from the set, such as a prop.
- the act of terminating a life
- the destruction of an enemy plane or ship or tank or missile
An item of prey which has been caught and killedFound on https://sites.google.com/site/breckfalconry/glossary
(from the article `handball`) Any shot beyond an opponent`s reach is called a placement. The most effective placement is a kill, in which the ball rebounds at a height so low that ...Found on http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/k/31
- the destruction of an enemy plane or ship or tank or missile 2. [v] - be fatal 3. [v] - thwart the passage of 4. [v] - be the source of great pain for 5. [v] - overwhelm with hilarity, pleasure, or admiration 6. [v] - hit with so much force as to make a return impossible, in racket games 7. [v] - hit with great ...Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=kill
• (v. t.) To cause to cease; to quell; to calm; to still; as, in seamen`s language, a shower of rain kills the wind. • (n.) A kiln. • (v. t.) To destroy the effect of; to counteract; to neutralize; as, alkali kills acid. • (v. t.) To destroy; to ruin; as, to kill one`s chances; to kill the sale of a book. • (n.) A channel o...Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/kill/
thwart the passage of; `kill a motion`; `he shot down the student`s proposal`Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=kill
mark for deletion, rub off, or erase; `kill these lines in the President`s speech`Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=kill
In computing, kill is a command that is used in several popular operating systems to send signals to running processes in order to request the termination of the process. ==Implementations== ===Unix and Unix-like=== In Unix and Unix-like operating systems, kill is a command used to send a signal to a process. By default, the messa...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_(command)
KILL is the 4th single of I`ve Sound singer, Mell. It is released on November 19, 2008, a year and almost two months after the release of her 3rd single. The title track will be used as the opening theme for Mamoru Oshii`s live-action film entitled Kiru～KILL～ while the B-side song On my own will be used as the ending theme f...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kill_(Mell_song)
A kiln. [ Obsolete] Fuller. Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/K/9
Kill transitive verb
[ imperfect & past participle Killed
; present participle & verbal noun Killing
.] [ Middle English killen
, to kill, strike; perhaps the same word as cwellen
, quel...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/K/9
1. To deprive of life, animal or vegetable, in any manner or by any means; to render inanimate; to put to death; to slay. 'Ah, kill me with thy weapon, not with words !' (Shak) ... 2. To destroy; to ruin; as, to kill one's chances; to kill the sale of a book. 'To kill thine honor.' 'Her lively colour kill'd with deadly cares.' (Shak) ... 3. To caus...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
A successful, legal, point-scoring spike attack.Found on http://www.translationdirectory.com/glossaries/glossary184.htm
Directive to commit on target with clearance to fire in visual or beyond visual range; implies hostile and ROE compliance; in training, fighter call to indicate KILL ROE has been fulfilled.Found on http://www.f-16.net/glossary-K.html
Fast, downward shot that cannot be returned; a 'putaway.' Let - A legitimate cessation of play to allow a rally to be replayed. Long Service Line - In singles, the back boundary line.1n doubles a line 2 l/2 feet inside the back boundary line. The serve may not go past this line.Found on http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/olympics/longterm/badmnton/badg
Kill is slang for to finish, complete.Found on http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/ZK.HTM
To cancel or delete a story.Found on http://www.journalism.co.uk/terms-definitions-dictionary-terminology-words/
To cancel or delete all or part of a story. See also to spike.Found on http://www.thenewsmanual.net/Resources/glossary.html
To delete a record from a file.Found on http://www.nmoa.org/Library/index.htm
To hit or bomb excessively. To really get up in a major way.Found on http://www.graffiti.org/faq/graffiti.glossary.html
To overpower your competition by a large margin.
Found on http://www.superglossary.com/Glossary/Entertainment/Bowling/
To stop the recoil of the bed throwing the performer up. Done by the performer, or a coach (opposite of kip).Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21601
No exact match found