- the state of being excluded
- the state of being excommunicated
- a deliberate act of omission
- the act of expelling someone
Headteachers may exclude pupils from school for serious breaches of discipline. Exclusions may be for a fixed period or permanent.
Preventing someone from joining in an activity or entering a place. Shutting them out and making them feel unwelcome.
Control of plant disease by excluding the pathogen or infected plant material from disease-free areas e.g. by seed disinfestation or quarantine.
In the asbestos program, one of several situations that permit a Local Education Agency (LEA) to delete one or more of the items required by the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA); e.g. records of previous asbestos sample collection and analysis may be used by the accredited inspector in lieu of AHERA bulk sampling. Found on http://www.epa.gov/OCEPAterms/
The principle of plant disease prevention in which the pathogen is prevented from entering a given region. Found on http://ppathw3.cals.cornell.edu/glossary/Defs_E.htm
The act of keeping or shutting someone out of a club or school.
Example: The head teacher was considering the exclusion of the violent pupil from school.
Found on http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/glossary/
- the state of being excludedFound on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=exclusion
services not covered by a dental plan.
Found on http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/glossary.html
A clause in an insurance policy which specifies items or conditions not covered.In... <a target=_blank href='http://www.finance-glossary.com/terms/exclusion.htm?id=514&ginPtrCode=00000&PopupMode=false' title='Read full definition of exclusion'>more</a>
Found on http://www.finance-glossary.com/pages/home.htm
The suspension or expulsion of a pupil from school for disciplinary reasons.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20791
The removal of pupils from schools for serious breaches of discipline or misconduct.Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20795
In 1996-97 permanent exclusions were at a peak of 12,700, a threefold increase between the early and mid 1990s. The Social Exclusion Unit published a report on truancy and exclusion and set Public Service Agreement (PSA) targets on truancy, exclusion and provision of suitable educational provision for excluded pupils. These were subsequently adopte...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20809
When a pupil is removed from school for a period of time or on a permanent basis, often as a result of their behaviour. Schools must provide alternative education 'without undue delay' to an excluded pupil.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20898
The temporary or permanent banning of a pupil from school.
Found on http://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/education_learning/schools/governors/glossa
Ex·clu'sion noun [ Latin exclusio : confer French exclusion . See Exclude .] 1. The act of excluding, or of shutting out, whether by thrusting out or by preventing admission; a debarring; rejection; prohibition; the state of being excluded. « His sad exclusionFound on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/E/83
1. The act of excluding, or of shutting out, whether by thrusting out or by preventing admission; a debarring; rejection; prohibition; the state of being excluded. 'His sad exclusion from the doors of bliss.' (Milton) 'The exclusion of the duke from the crown of England and Ireland.' (Hume) ... 2. <physiology> The act of expelling or ejecting...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
the state of being excludedFound on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=exclusion
(eks-kloo´zhәn) a shutting out or elimination. surgical isolation of a part, as of a segment of intestine, without removal from the body.Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (n.) The act of excluding, or of shutting out, whether by thrusting out or by preventing admission; a debarring; rejection; prohibition; the state of being excluded. • (n.) The act of expelling or ejecting a fetus or an egg from the womb. • (n.) Thing emitted.Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/exclusion/
Type: Term Pronunciation: eks-klū′zhŭn Definitions: 1. A shutting out; disconnection from the main portion.Found on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=30904
services not covered by a dental plan.Found on http://www.1stdentalcare.com/glossary.shtml
Medical services that insurance companies do not pay for are called exclusions. A typical exclusionFound on http://www.superglossary.com/Glossary/Business/Taxes/
to put out, to expel; South, Wildlife, ParksFound on http://www.africanculturalcenter.org/10_0glossary.html
No exact match found