- a one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodice
- clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion
to sharpen, repair, or add accessories to items of equipment (such as drilling bits and tool joints).
See Dress Rehearsal.
- (of an occasion) requiring formal clothes 2. [n] - a one-piece garment for a woman 3. [v] - provide with clothes or put clothes on 4. [v] - arrange in ranks 5. [v] - provide with decoration 6. [v] - put a dressing on 7. [v] - put a finish on 8. [v] - kill and prepare for market or consumption 9. [v] - ...Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=dress
(drĕs) transitive verb
[ imperfect & past participle Dressed
(drĕst) or Drest
; present participle & verbal noun Dressing
.] [ Old French drecier
to make straight, raise, set up, prepare, arrange, French ...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/D/121
Dress intransitive verb 1. (Mil.)
To arrange one's self in due position in a line of soldiers; -- the word of command to form alignment in ranks; as, Right, dress
To clothe or apparel one's self; to put on one's garments; to pay particular regard to dress; as, to ...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/D/121
Dress noun 1.
That which is used as the covering or ornament of the body; clothes; garments; habit; apparel. 'In your soldier's dress
.' Shak. 2.
A lady's gown; as, silk or a velvet dress
Attention to apparel, or skill in adjusting it. « Men ...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/D/121
1. To direct; to put right or straight; to regulate; to order. 'At all times thou shalt bless God and pray Him to dress thy ways.' (Chaucer) ... Dress is used reflexively in Old English, in sense of 'to direct one's step; to addresss one's self.' 'To Grisild again will I me dresse.' (Chaucer) ... 2. To arrange in exact continuity of line, as soldie...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20973
a one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodiceFound on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=dress
provide with clothes or put clothes on; `Parents must feed and dress their child`Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=dress
• (v. t.) To arrange in exact continuity of line, as soldiers; commonly to adjust to a straight line and at proper distance; to align; as, to dress the ranks. • (n.) Attention to apparel, or skill in adjusting it. • (v. t.) To treat methodically with remedies, bandages, or curative appliances, as a sore, an ulcer, a wound, or a wound...Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/dress/
(from the article `Fashions`) ...would otherwise wear Versacenotably celebrities Beyoncé (see Biographies), Jennifer Lopez, and Lucy Liu. Cavalli produced feather- and ...Found on http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/d/74
covering, or clothing and accessories, for the human body. The variety of dress is immense, varying with different sexes, cultures, geographic areas, ... [21 related articles]Found on http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/d/74
dress: see costume.Found on http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/society/A0912676.html
A dress (also known as a frock or a gown) is a garment consisting of a skirt with an attached bodice (or a matching bodice giving the effect of a one-piece garment). In Western culture, dresses are usually considered to be items of women`s and girls` apparel. The hemlines of dresses vary depending on the whims of fashion and the modesty or perso.....Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dress
Abbreviation for Dress Rehearsal: the rehearsal immediately before the first night when all costumes, technical effects, props etc. are used, often for the first time. As close to an actual performance as it is possible to be without an audience present.Found on http://www.britishtheatreguide.info/otherresources/glossary/glosswz.htm
reduce the number of coppice shoots or tree branches to improve the quality of its produce (Ja, 300)Found on http://info.sjc.ox.ac.uk/forests/glossary.htm
reduce the number of coppice shoots or tree branches to improve the quality of its produce (Ja, 300)Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/22223
The arrangement of signal leads and wiring for optimum circuit operation, cosmetic appeal, and proteFound on http://www.superglossary.com/Glossary/Technology/Home_Audio/
No exact match found