- absence of light or illumination
- an unilluminated area
- absence of moral or spiritual values
- an unenlightened state
- having a dark or somber color
- a swarthy complexion
- an unilluminated area 2. [n] - having a dark or somber color 3. [n] - a swarthy complexionFound on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=darkness
Dark'ness noun 1.
The absence of light; blackness; obscurity; gloom. « And darkness
was upon the face of the deep.» Gen. i. 2. 2.
A state of privacy; secrecy. « What I tell you in darkness
, that speak ye in light.» Matt. x. 27.
...Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/D/7
an unilluminated area; `he moved off into the darkness`Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=darkness
a swarthy complexionFound on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=darkness
• (n.) A state of privacy; secrecy. • (n.) The absence of light; blackness; obscurity; gloom. • (n.) Want of clearness or perspicuity; obscurity; as, the darkness of a subject, or of a discussion. • (n.) A state of distress or trouble. • (n.) A state of ignorance or error, especially on moral or religious subjects; hence, w...Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/darkness/
(from the article `Mukherjee, Bharati`) ...(1975) details the descent into madness of an Indian woman trapped in New York City by the fears and passivity resulting from her upbringing. In ...Found on http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/d/9
`Darkness` is a power ballad from hard rock band Aerosmith`s eighth album Done with Mirrors. The song originally appeared as the last track on the album`s cassette and CD issues (it didn`t appear on the vinyl version). It was then issued in 1986 as the album`s second commercially released single in the US (following `Shela`...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkness_(Aerosmith_song)
Type: Term Definitions: 1. nyctophobia, scotophobia.Found on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=68205
Darkness, (1985) is a collection of short stories by Bharati Mukherjee. ==Contents== ==Book information== ...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkness_(short_stories)
Darkness, the polar opposite to brightness, is understood to be an absence of visible light. It is also the appearance of black in a colored space. Humans are unable to distinguish color when either light or darkness predominate. In conditions of insufficient light, perception is achromatic and ultimately, black. The emotional response to darkness...Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkness
No exact match found