[adj] - abnormally swollen or knotty
Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=varicose
Abnormally swollen or dilated, as in varicose veins.
Found on http://www.dwp.gov.uk/medical/med_conditions/glossary.html
Var'i·cose` adjective [ Latin varicosus , from varix , -icis , a dilated vein; confer varus bent, stretched, crooked.] 1. Irregularly swollen or enlarged; affected with, or containing, varices, or varicosities; of or...
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/V/7
1. Irregularly swollen or enlarged; affected with, or containing, varices, or varicosities; of or pertaining to varices, or varicosities; as, a varicose nerve fibre; a varicose vein; varicose ulcers. ... 2. <medicine> Intended for the treatment of varicose veins; said of elastic stockings, ban...
Found on http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?varicose
adjective abnormally swollen or knotty; `varicose veins`
Found on http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=varicose
(var´ĭ-kōs) of the nature of or pertaining to a varix. unnaturally and permanently distended (said of a vein); called also variciform.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (a.) Intended for the treatment of varicose veins; -- said of elastic stockings, bandages. and the like. • (a.) Irregularly swollen or enlarged; affected with, or containing, varices, or varicosities; of or pertaining to varices, or varicosities; as, a varicose nerve fiber; a varicose ve...
Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/varicose/
varicose 1. A reference to varices; distended, swollen, knotted veins. 2. Swollen, knotted, or distended to a greater extent than normal. 3. Affected with or having varicose veins. 4. Relating to or producing swelling. 5. Resembling a small longitudinal ridge varix (knotted) on the shell of some...
Found on http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/2267/
Type: Term Pronunciation: var′i-kōs Definitions: 1. Relating to, affected with, or characterized by varices or varicosis.
Found on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=96876
swollen or enlarged in places
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21767
1) Abnormally swollen or knotty 2) Unhealthy
Found on http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/varicose/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Pa Chay Vue (1)
• Liuxing Farm (1)
• isobar (25)
• first order lag elemen (1)
• Walter Scovil (1)
• FAR Part 133 (1)
• Pudgy the Watchman (1)
• Orval Faubus (2)
• close vowel (15)
• Seneka Bibile (1)
• The Flys (3)
• Zéro de conduite (1)
• Anna Maria Goldsmid (1)
• exulant (2)
• arboraceous (4)
• Furth, Lower Bavaria (1)
• Olga Deterding (1)
• Pointe au Père, Quebe (1)
• yang (16)
• Tachydromos tis Anatol (1)
• Tippett, Michael (3)
• Caerulin (2)
• cenobite (7)
• at the time (4)