[adj] - not saturated 2. [adj] - (chemistry) used of a compound (especially of carbon) containing atoms sharing more than one valence bond 3. [adj] - (of color) not chromatically pure
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=unsaturated
any carbon structure containing double or occasionally triple bonds. Many vegetable oils contain fatty acids with one of more double bonds in them.
Found op http://www.bio-power.co.uk/glossary.htm
1. Capable of absorbing or dissolving to a greater degree; as, an unsaturated solution. ... 2. <chemistry> Capable of taking up, or of uniting with, certain other elements or compounds, without the elimination of any side product; thus, aldehyde, ethylene, and ammonia are unsaturated. ... Sour...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?unsaturated
adjective used of a compound (especially of carbon) containing atoms sharing more than one valence bond; `unsaturated fats`
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=unsaturated
(әn-sach´ә-rāt″әd) not having all affinities of its elements satisfied (unsaturated compound). not holding all of a solute that can be held in solution by the solvent (unsaturated solution). denoting compounds in which two or more atoms are united by double or triple bo...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (a.) Capable of absorbing or dissolving to a greater degree; as, an unsaturated solution. • (a.) Capable of taking up, or of uniting with, certain other elements or compounds, without the elimination of any side product; thus, aldehyde, ethylene, and ammonia are unsaturated.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/unsaturated/
Type: Term Pronunciation: ŭn-sach′ŭr-āt′ĕd Definitions: 1. Not saturated; denoting a solution in which the solvent is capable of dissolving more of the solute. 2. Denoting a chemical compound in which all the affinities are not satisfied, so that still other atoms or ...
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=95794
1) These fats are liquid at room temperature and are healthier choices than saturated fats.
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/unsaturated/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Lorraine Desmarais (1)
• velis (2)
• Javad Ashtiani (1)
• Victoria Hamilton Barr (1)
• Thatch weave (1)
• Northside Rhinos (1)
• Justice Balakrishna Er (1)
• Shamako Noble (1)
• El Yunque, Cuba (1)
• Linakeng (1)
• USS Gamble (1)
• Qazi (1)
• Preston Burke (1)
• emission control syste (1)
• Staphylo (25)
• Ostasio I da Polenta (3)
• Role (14)
• Kim Il Sung University (4)
• Patterson, Percival J. (1)
• Hypothecation (10)
• Manuel Rocha Iturbide (1)
• Casabianca, Haute Cors (1)
• ROM (25)
• Ernst Alt (1)