[n] - a traditional Moslem headdress consisting of a long scarf wrapped around the head
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=turban
Headwear commonly worn by Muslim and Sikh men. It is formed from a long piece of fine linen wound around the head. The turban has inspired many fashion headwear styles throughout the 20th century,...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/20688
1. A headdress worn by men in the Levant and by most Mohammedans of the male sex, consisting of a cap, and a sash, scarf, or shawl, usually of cotton or linen, wound about the cap, and sometimes hanging down the neck. ... 2. A kind of headdress worn by women. ... 3. <zoology> The whole set of ...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?turban
noun a traditional Muslim headdress consisting of a long scarf wrapped around the head
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=turban
• (n.) A headdress worn by men in the Levant and by most Mohammedans of the male sex, consisting of a cap, and a sash, scarf, or shawl, usually of cotton or linen, wound about the cap, and sometimes hanging down the neck. • (n.) A kind of headdress worn by women. • (n.) The whole set ...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/turban/
a headdress, of obscure Oriental origin, consisting of a long scarf wound round the head or an inner hat.[2 related articles]
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/t/92
Turban refers to several types of headwear. Most popularly known people to wear turbans are the Sikhs, from Punjab, which they refer to as Dastar. Different styles of turbans are also worn by many other communities in the Middle East, (including North Africa), South Asia, and some parts of Jamaica....
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turban
A turban is a length of fabric - cotton or silk - worn wrapped around the head by many Muslims and by some men in India and the Middle East. Early in the 19th century the turban became fashionable among some European women.
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/PT.HTM
Typical head-dress for Muslim and Sikh men, constructed by winding a long scarf around the head.
Found op http://www.hatsuk.com/hatsuk/hatsukhtml/bible/glossary.htm
1) A wrap on the head 2) Asian headdress 3) Brimless headgear 4) Diva's headwear 5) Headdress 6) Headdress that's wound 7) Headgear 8) It'll wind up on your head 9) Muslim topper 10) Muslim wear 11) Swami accessory 12)
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/turban/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• OMNOVA Solutions (1)
• Mazda Carol (1)
• SS Gioacchino Lauro (1)
• Souvla (1)
• walsh (4)
• Kinjikitile Ngwale (1)
• Afghanka (1)
• Townsville Kern United (1)
• Demetrios Constantelos (1)
• Steinfurt (2)
• halo traction (2)
• Madina Wora (1)
• David Garmston (1)
• Haddhunmathi Atoll (1)
• La Chapelle Engerbold (1)
• Al Irshad Al Islamiya (1)
• Hussein Al Uzri (1)
• Sornetan (1)
• Martín Rivas (3)
• Coenodomus (1)
• restless flycatcher (1)
• Information foraging (1)
• Sarbsk (1)
• dicumarol (6)