[n] - a supporting tower used to support a bridge 2. [n] - sawhorses used in pairs to support a horizontal tabletop
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=trestle
noun sawhorses used in pairs to support a horizontal tabletop
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=trestle
• (n.) A movable frame or support for anything, as scaffolding, consisting of three or four legs secured to a top piece, and forming a sort of stool or horse, used by carpenters, masons, and other workmen; also, a kind of framework of strong posts or piles, and crossbeams, for supporting a brid...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/trestle/
(from the article `scaffold`) Trestle supports are used for work on a large area if little or no adjustment of height is required (e.g., for plastering the ceiling of a room). The ... Military trestles were built in considerable numbers in the wars of the 19th century, notably the American Civil War...
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/t/77
The Trestle is the substructure of a Post Mill, usually enclosed in a protective structure called a roundhouse, which also serves as a storage facility. Post mills without a roundhouse are called Open Trestle Post Mills.
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_mill_machinery
- a supporting tower used to support a bridge
- sawhorses used in pairs to support a horizontal tabletop
[mill] The Trestle of a Post mill is the arrangement of the Main post, crosstrees and quarterbars that form the substructure of this type of windmill. It may or may not be surrounded by a roundhouse. Post mills without a roundhouse are known as Open Trestle Post Mills. A Trestle Mill is a va...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trestle_(mill)
A postal stationery envelope used from London to Düsseldorf in 1900, with additional postage stamp perfinned "C & S" identifying the user as "Churchill & Sim" per the seal on the reverse shown on inset. A perfin, the contraction of `PERForated INitials`, is a pattern of tiny holes punched through ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRESTLE
1) Bridge part 2) Bridge support 3) Carpenter's horse 4) Certain bridge 5) El elevator 6) Engineering construction 7) Engineering project 8) Gorge crosser 9) Part of a model-train set 10) Railroad bridge 11) Railroad suppor...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/trestle/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• filamentary (2)
• Andy Ansah (2)
• triradiated (2)
• osc (8)
• Imposter (3)
• Electrogastrograph (3)
• Hohenfinow (1)
• René Baudichon (1)
• Saint Avit, Tarn (1)
• prodrug (9)
• Suffrance (2)
• Lobbyists (1)
• dash dot (1)
• Rowlatt Act (2)
• poured (2)
• Oamaru (3)
• Scorpionfish (4)
• Freewriting (1)
• Hynninen (1)
• Guía coro (1)
• HBO Storybook Musicals (1)
• Little Miami River (1)
• Lewis Radford (2)
• Pa (25)