A red herring is a clue or piece of information which is intended to be misleading, or distracting from the actual issue. For example, in mystery fiction, where the identity of a criminal is being sought, an innocent party may be purposefully cast in a guilty light by the author through the employm...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring
[magazine] Red Herring was a technology business magazine, which flourished during the dot com boom, with global distribution and bureaus in Bangalore, Beijing, and Paris. It also sponsored conferences designed to bring venture capitalists, entrepreneurs, and technologists together. But the ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Herring_(magazine)
- 'Pre-release' PROSPECTUS offering. An announcement of a future issuance of SECURITIES, given restricted circulation during the waiting period of 20 days or other specified period between the filing of a registration statement with the SEC and the effective date of the statement. A red herring is n...
Found op http://www.nysscpa.org/prof_library/guide.htm
A preliminary offering statement, subject to final change and update upon completion of sale of bonds. The name comes not from the smell but from the red type along the side on the cover.
Found op http://www.emuni.com/glossary.html
A legal issue or fact that does not have anything to do with the case at hand.
Found op http://www.legal-explanations.com/definitions/red-herring.htm
1) Attention diverter 2) Decoy, of sorts 3) Diversionary tactic 4) Fishy lead 5) It misleads 6) Misleading clue?
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/redherring/1
1) Skelton's fish?
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/redsherring/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Bieszczady National Pa (2)
• The Soul that Never Di (1)
• Theragatha (2)
• fuse switch disconnect (1)
• Federico Giampaolo (1)
• FP M (25)
• Pfühlbach (1)
• ignitive (1)
• Pezaptera (1)
• corneoscleral junction (1)
• Rs (16)
• precedentedly (3)
• Feldberg Pass (1)
• Laure Waridel (1)
• Catapedaphobia (2)
• larache (3)
• off production (1)
• Wedgwood (7)
• Mattoon High School (1)
• Mas Aa 52 (1)
• Garwin Sanford (1)
• Subgiant (3)
• Ian Perrotte (1)
• Greenleaf, ID (1)