[n] - inflammation of the vertebral column
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=rachitis
Ra·chi'tis (rȧ*kī'tĭs) noun [ New Latin , from Greek 'rachi^tis (sc. nosos ), from 'ra`chis , -ios , the spine.] [ Written also rhachitis .] 1. (Medicine) Li...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/R/2
1. <medicine> Literally, inflammation of the spine, but commonly applied to the rickets. See Rickets. ... 2. <botany> A disease which produces abortion in the fruit or seeds. ... Origin: NL, fr. Gr. (sc), fr, the spine ... Alternative forms: rhachitis. ... Source: Websters Dictionary ......
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?rachitis
(ra-ki´tis) rickets. spondylitis.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (n.) A disease which produces abortion in the fruit or seeds. • (n.) Literally, inflammation of the spine, but commonly applied to the rickets. See Rickets.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/rachitis/
Type: Term Pronunciation: rā-kī′tis Synonyms: rickets
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=74777
- inflammation of the vertebral column
- childhood disease caused by deficiency of vitamin D and sunlight associated with impaired metabolism of calcium and phosphorus
A condition in children in which bones become soft and deformed because they don
Found op http://www.cancer.gov/dictionary?expand=R
1) Inflammation 2) Inflammation of the vertebral column 3) Redness 4) Rubor
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/rachitis/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• SLMA (3)
• Tikin Xic (1)
• Toulouse Lautrec (3)
• insult (15)
• microxyl (1)
• Lucilia (7)
• hydro electric (8)
• Naval Patrolmen (1)
• Liber Embadorum (1)
• Maybelle (2)
• Khaliah Adams (1)
• recon (12)
• Nudist (4)
• Long Lake, Wisconsin (1)
• heirloom (9)
• belfry (17)
• Gwishin (1)
• Liam McCarthy (3)
• Accumbency (2)
• Alpina (4)
• Ajahn Chah (1)
• Alpine Butterfly Bend (2)
• Alphonso Xii (1)
• quatopygia (2)