• (n. fem.) Same as Pleuron. • (n.) pl. of Pleuron. • (n. fem.) The closed sac formed by the pleural membrane about each lung, or the fold of membrane connecting each lung with the body wall. • (pl. ) of Pleuron • (n. fem.) The smooth serous membrane which closely covers the...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/pleura/
membrane lining the thoracic cavity (parietal pleura) and covering the lungs (visceral pleura). The parietal pleura folds back on itself at the root ... [7 related articles]
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/p/80
pleura (singular), pleurae (plural) The serous membrane investing the lungs and lining the thoracic cavity, completely enclosing a potential space known as the pleural cavity. There are two pleurae, right and left, entirely distinct from each other. The pleura is moistened with a serous secretion th...
Found op http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/1699/
1. Esophagus. 2. Parietal pleura. 3. Parietal pleura over the diaphragm Also known as the pleural membrane, the double cavity that lines the thoracic cavity and covers the exterior surface of the lungs. The pleura is a serous membrane forming a closed sac, with a small space, called the pleural ...
Found op http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/P/pleura.html
pleura (ploor'u) , membranous lining of the upper body cavity and covering for the lungs. The pleura is a two-layered structure: the parietal pleura lines the walls of the chest cage and covers the upper surface of the diaphragm, and the pulmonary pleura, or visceral layer, tightly covers the su...
Found op http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/sci/A0839369.html
Type: Term Pronunciation: plūr′ă, plūr′ē Definitions: 1. The serous membrane enveloping the lungs and lining the walls of the pulmonary cavities. Synonyms: membrana succingens
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=69683
Thin, transparent membrane covering the lungs and lining the chest cavity.
Found op http://www.thehorse.com/Glossary.xhtml?L=P
Greek = a rib. Later used to name the serous membrane lining the chest walls and the lung on each side.
Found op http://www.anatomy.usyd.edu.au/glossary/glossary.cgi?
A thin layer of tissue that covers the lungs and lines the interior wall of the chest cavity. It protects and cushions the lungs. This tissue secretes a small amount of fluid that acts as a lubricant, allowing the lungs to move smoothly in the chest cavity while breathing.
Found op http://www.cancer.gov/dictionary?expand=P
1) A membrane that surrounds each of the lungs 2) Lung membrane 3) Serosa 4) Serous membrane
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/pleura/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Danja (3)
• vasodepressor syncope (3)
• Roberts, Thomas d'Este (1)
• symphyses (2)
• Clotho (8)
• Roberts, Julia (1)
• Roadrunner (9)
• Radiologic Pelvimetry (1)
• Prodontria (1)
• Roadmage (1)
• Roadrash (1)
• Kenyatta (3)
• Roadgames (1)
• Roadhouse (6)
• Vaghatur (1)
• Stefanovikeio (1)
• Thambi Vettothi Sundar (1)
• Daramulum (1)
• Pharmacon (6)
• Canute V (3)
• Valkla (1)
• parabellum (4)
• Roadblock (10)
• Roadfill (1)