[adj] - showing pensive sadness
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=pensive
Pen'sive adjective [ French pensif , from penser to think, from Latin pensare to weigh, ponder, consider, v. intens. from pendere to weigh. See Pension , Poise .] 1. Thoughtful, sober, or sad; employed...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/47
1. Thoughtful, sober, or sad; employed in serious reflection; given to, or favorable to, earnest or melancholy musing. 'The pensive secrecy of desert cell.' (Milton) 'Anxious cares the pensive nymph oppressed.' (Pope) ... 2. Expressing or suggesting thoughtfulness with sadness; as, pensive numbers. ...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?pensive
adjective showing pensive sadness; `the sensitive and wistful response of a poet to the gentler phases of beauty`
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=pensive
• (a.) Expressing or suggesting thoughtfulness with sadness; as, pensive numbers. • (a.) Thoughtful, sober, or sad; employed in serious reflection; given to, or favorable to, earnest or melancholy musing.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/pensive/
Pensive (1941-49) was a bright chestnut thoroughbred racehorse who in 1944 came closer than any other horse at the time to winning the U.S. Triple Crown. He was also the first to win the first two legs and then lose the third. A son of England`s Hyperion (who himself had won two thirds of England`s...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pensive
1) Absent-minded 2) Absorbed 3) Brooding 4) Broody 5) Contemplative 6) Deep in thought 7) Derby winner
Found op 1944 8) Faraway 9) Introspective 10) Longing 11)
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• calculus (25)
• Za (13)
• achazia (2)
• UA9630 (1)
• Oyes (2)
• sterile (19)
• Abortus (8)
• stand da (1)
• Elegit (5)
• Partial Breech Extract (3)
• Ethylate (6)
• Brunswick, dukes of (1)
• Ian Woodall (1)
• Qanci (1)
• parasails (1)
• Ethylate (6)
• forthright (5)
• Kevin Taylor (4)
• right colic lymph node (2)
• Bum Freezer (2)
• Yost Ice Arena (1)
• Ampelomeryx (1)
• curly (7)
• Apamea indocilis (1)