[adj] - showing favoritism 2. [adj] - being or affecting only a part
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=partial
1) In acoustical instruments, a term with the same meaning as overtone.
2) In synthesizers literally 'part of a sound patch;' circuitry in the synthesizer that generates and/or modifies elements of the sound to give timbre to the particular tone.
3) The sound element generated by #2.
Found op http://www.testing1212.co.uk/a.htm
An identifiable frequency in the sound of a bell, arising from a mode of vibration of the bell.
Found op http://www.hibberts.co.uk/glossary.htm
A single frequency, sinewave component (the fundamental, an overtone, or a tone at some other frequency) of a complex tone. All sounds are composed of a number of partials. See Harmonic
Found op http://www.musiconmypc.co.uk/art_glossary.php
a sine wave component of a complex sound. A single frequency, sinewave component of any sound. all sounds are composed of a number of partials. There are two classes of partials. See also Harmonic and Inharmonic. Used confusingly by Roland to refer to a basic sound generator in a number of its 'LA S...
Found op http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/music%20tech%20glossary/Music%20Tech%20Gl
A situation where only part of a charge detonated or burnt, the rest of it was clearly to be seen after the event. This would arise from broken and scattered charges.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/visitor-contributions.php
Par'tial adjective [ French, from Late Latin partials , from Latin pars , gen. partis , a part; confer (for sense 1) French partiel . See Part , noun ] 1. Of, pertaining to, or affecti...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/27
1. Of, pertaining to, or affecting, a part only; not general or universal; not total or entire; as, a partial eclipse of the moon. 'Partial dissolutions of the earth.' ... 2. Inclined to favor one party in a cause, or one side of a question, more then the other; baised; not indifferent; as, a judge ...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?partial
adjective being or affecting only a part; not total; `a partial description of the suspect`; `partial collapse`; `a partial eclipse`; `a partial monopoly`; `partial immunity`
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=partial
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Pacific Air Express (1)
• Possessory (4)
• Joe Hanson (2)
• El (13)
• virtus (8)
• Whitnall (2)
• vis (17)
• Unthriftfully (2)
• Mercedes Benz Mexico (1)
• information leakage (1)
• Fleisher Yarn (1)
• William Doris (1)
• anastatic printing (2)
• Brachyplatystoma (1)
• Meta data management (1)
• viper (25)
• viral (13)
• spruce (17)
• nonreactive depression (2)
• Medical intelligence (3)
• waffenamt codes (1)
• Weybosset Mills Comple (1)
• Orchiopexy (11)
• Undried (3)