[n] - a buffoon in modern pantomimes 2. [n] - a character in the commedia dell`arte 3. [n] - trousers worn in former times
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=pantaloon
Pan`ta·loon' noun [ French pantalon , from Italian pantalone , a masked character in the Italian comedy, who wore breeches and stockings that were all of one piece, from Pantaleone , the patron saint of Venice, which, as a baptismal ...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/14
noun trousers worn in former times
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=pantaloon
noun a character in the commedia dell`arte; portrayed as a foolish old man
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=Pantaloon
• (n.) In recent times, same as Trousers. • (n.) A ridiculous character, or an old dotard, in the Italian comedy; also, a buffoon in pantomimes. • (n.) A bifurcated garment for a man, covering the body from the waist downwards, and consisting of breeches and stockings in one.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/pantaloon/
stock character of the 16th-century Italian commedia dell`artea cunning and rapacious yet often deceived Venetian merchant.[2 related articles]
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/p/13
- a buffoon in modern pantomimes; the butt of jokes
- a character in the commedia dell'arte; portrayed as a foolish old man
- trousers worn in former times
Pantaloon: see commedia dell'arte.
Found op http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/ent/A0917164.html
1) Buffoon 2) Clown 3) Pantaloon
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/pantaloon/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• HMAS Bundaberg (3)
• Farrell McElgunn (1)
• apneustic (2)
• OCEANOGRAPHY (19)
• Pacaya (2)
• NCAER (2)
• Adobe Streamline (1)
• caryochrome (1)
• Epistula (2)
• Juho Jaakonaho (1)
• tbh (3)
• Eddrick (2)
• lunatism (2)
• Phallogaster (1)
• Equalize (8)
• Gwot (2)
• Pécrot rail crash (1)
• Vandalia (4)
• Tanis Rideout (1)
• Eglinton (5)
• Rhos Cwmsaeson (1)
• Sexton (16)
• xenagogue (1)
• Pocomoke people (1)