Latin, meaning: rag, patch, piece of cloth
Found op http://archives.nd.edu/ppp.htm
(1) Vascularized granulation tissue rich in fibroblasts, lymphocytes, and macrophages, derived from synovial tissue; overgrows the bearing surface of the joint in rheumatoid arthritis and is associated with the breakdown of the articular surface. (2) Granulation tissue that invades the cornea from t...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/visitor-contributions.php
Pan'nus noun [ Latin , cloth. See 2d Pane .] (Medicine) A very vascular superficial opacity of the cornea, usually caused by granulation of the eyelids. Foster.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/13
1. <pathology, rheumatology> Vascularised granulation tissue rich in fibroblasts, lymphocytes and macrophages, derived from synovial tissue, overgrows the bearing surface of the joint in rheumatoid arthritis and is associated with the breakdown of the articular surface. ... 2. <ophthalmolog...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?pannus
(pan´әs) superficial vascularization of the cornea with infiltration of granulation tissue. an inflammatory exudate overlying synovial cells on the inside of a joint capsule, usually occurring in rheumatoid arthritis or related articular rheumatism. panniculus adiposus.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (n.) A very vascular superficial opacity of the cornea, usually caused by granulation of the eyelids.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/pannus/
(from the article `rheumatoid arthritis`) Active inflammation is first seen in the synovial membranes of the joints, which become red and swollen. Later, a layer of roughened granulation ...
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/p/13
Pannus is a medical term for an abnormal layer of fibrovascular tissue or granulation tissue. Common sites for pannus formation include over the cornea, over a joint surface (as seen in rheumatoid arthritis), or on a prosthetic heart valve. Pannus may grow in a tumor-like fashion, as in joints wher...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannus
Pannus is an opaque, inflamed membrane spreading over the front of the eye. It is a complication of trachoma, and obscures vision.
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/EP.HTM
Type: Term Pronunciation: pan′ŭs, pan′ī Definitions: 1. The inflammatory synovial tissue found in rheumatoid joints that covers the articular cartilages that progressively destroys the underlying articular cartilages; also found in other chronic granulomatous disease, including...
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=64736
Found op rag, patch, piece of cloth
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• buffer salt (1)
• Waterleaf Capital (1)
• FAA (11)
• William Ray Bonner (1)
• Uke, Nigeria (1)
• The Vapors (3)
• Heterozoic (3)
• Qahs (1)
• Erythrogen (3)
• Tania Glyde (1)
• circum (25)
• Retro infection (2)
• diskography (3)
• Curly Sue (4)
• Aditi (9)
• aversive control (2)
• Governor Grey (1)
• Tomasz Magdziarz (1)
• The Chaser APEC pranks (1)
• Birrimian Group (1)
• chemoprevention (7)
• Jean Jahnsson (1)
• Raging Stallion Studio (1)
• Olinger Strip (1)