In heraldry, a panache is a plume of feathers, generally ostrich feathers, set upright and borne as a crest. A panache sometimes consists of a single row of feathers; but usually it has two or more rows or 'heights' of feathers, rising one above the other. generally the tips of the feathers are erec...
Found op http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/browse/UP.HTM
[n] - a feathered plume on a helmet
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=panache
Pa·nache' noun [ French, from Latin penna a feather. See Pen a feather.] A plume or bunch of feathers, esp. such a bunch worn on the helmet; any military plume, or ornamental group of feathers. « A panache of variegated plumes...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/P/11
noun a feathered plume on a helmet
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=panache
• (n.) A plume or bunch of feathers, esp. such a bunch worn on the helmet; any military plume, or ornamental group of feathers.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/panache/
Panache is a word of French origin that carries the connotation of a flamboyant manner and reckless courage. The literal translation is a plume, such as is worn on a hat or a helmet, but the reference is to King Henry IV of France (13 December 1553 – 14 May 1610). Pleasure-loving and cynical, but...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panache
- distinctive and stylish elegance
- a feathered plume on a helmet
1) A feathered plume on a helmet 2) Dash 3) Dashing style 4) Elan 5) Elegance 6) Flair 7) Flamboyance 8) Flamboyant style 9) Grand style 10) Great flair 11) Razzle-dazzle 12) Style 13) Verve 14) What fr...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/panache/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• cognomen (11)
• Bachal Isu (1)
• nobleman (3)
• Virchow node (3)
• Fahda bint Asi Al Shur (1)
• Ve (10)
• Southern Suburbs Tatle (1)
• Jim Carrington (1)
• recurring cost (1)
• The Human Duplicators (1)
• Evelyn Venable (2)
• joriki (2)
• Pseudonavicella (3)
• Elastic offer curve (1)
• Necrolemur (1)
• desirability (7)
• suppurative hepatitis (2)
• mirage (25)
• VDRL (6)
• necnon (2)
• Pick's bundle (1)
• Halochromism (2)
• Ear piercing (2)
• stargazer (18)