[n] - a person with the same name as another
Found op http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=namesake
Name'sake` noun [ For name's sake ; i. e. , one named for the sake of another's name.] One that has the same name as another; especially, one called after, or named out of regard to, another.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/N/2
noun a person with the same name as another
Found op http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=namesake
• (n.) One that has the same name as another; especially, one called after, or named out of regard to, another. • (n.) One that has the same name as another; especially, one called after, or named out of regard to, another.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/namesake/
Namesake is a term used to characterize a person, place, thing, quality, action, state, or idea that has the same, or a similar, name to another. In the United States, the term is often used for a person or thing actually named after, rather than merely sharing the name of another. For example, if ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namesake
[disambiguation] A namesake is a person or thing named after someone or something else. Namesake may also refer to: ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namesake_(disambiguation)
1) A person with the same name as another 2) Ed koch, ed ames, or ed asner, e.g. 3) Elizabeth ii, to elizabeth i 4) George w. bush, to george h.w. bush 5) Human 6) Individual 7) Junior, e.g. 8) Junior, for one 9) Junior, often 10)...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/namesake/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Enoyl (2)
• Rurigenous (2)
• Aromadedrin (1)
• Arnold Landvoigt (1)
• Xanthan gum (2)
• Dispersal polymorphism (1)
• Glen Rangwala (1)
• Ramos Horta, José Man (2)
• Disparates (2)
• Diogena (1)
• Wall.fm (1)
• Linear trend (1)
• anthophile (1)
• Socialism (20)
• Arman Gambaryan (1)
• Dolnje Cerovo (1)
• Arkwright, Sir Richard (2)
• homeotic mutant (2)
• Kne (2)
• Ydrad (2)
• Arnoldsville (1)
• Berwick, Columbus, Ohi (1)
• Robens Report (1)
• allonomous (2)