(lik´әr) (li´kwor) a liquid, especially an aqueous solution, containing medicinal substances. anatomical terminology for any of various body fluids. liquor folliculi the fluid in the cavity of a developing graafian follicle.
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (n.) Specifically, alcoholic or spirituous fluid, either distilled or fermented, as brandy, wine, whisky, beer, etc. • (n.) A solution of a medicinal substance in water; -- distinguished from tincture and aqua. • (v. t.) To grease. • (v. t.) To supply with liquor. • (n.) A...
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/liquor/
1. a liquid, especially an aqueous solution containing a medicinal substance. 2. a general term used in anatomical nomenclature for certain fluids of the body. See also solution.
Found op http://users.ugent.be/~rvdstich/eugloss/DIC/dictio50.html
Type: Term Pronunciation: li′kŏr, -wōr-is, -wō′rēs Definitions: 1. Any liquid or fluid. 2. A term used for certain body fluids. 3. The pharmacopoeial term for any aqueous solution (not a decoction or infusion) of a nonvolatile substance and for aqueous solutions of ga...
Found op http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=50883
A distilled, alcoholic beverage made from a fermented mash of various ingredients.
Found op http://www.tasteoftx.com/spirits/Terms.html
Hot water used in mashing.
Found op http://www.clanmacdougall.net/scotch1.html
The brewer's word for water used in the brewing process, as included in the mash or, used to sparge the grains after mashing.
Found op http://www.brew-monkey.com/brewschool/glossary.php
[novel] Liquor is Poppy Z. Brite`s first novel in the liquor novels, which revolves around the two young chefs Rickey and G-man, their restaurant and their life in New Orleans. It`s been released in the United States on March 16, 2004. ...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquor_(novel)
1) A pink squirrel contains this 2) Alcohol 3) Alcoholic beverage 4) Bar serving 5) Bar stuff 6) Bar supply 7) Booze 8) Contents of some cabinets 9) Hard drink 10) Hard liquor 11) Inebriant 12) Intoxicant 13) ...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/liquor/1
While I don't particularly like this term, associating it as I do with Scotch and other distilled spirits, it does, in fact, also properly refer to the unfermented or incompletely fermented, sugar-bearing liquid from which wine is made. It is also the liquid portion of a must. When the alcohol in th...
Found op http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/glossary.asp
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Revolutionary Party (25)
• Wieden (4)
• Toldt (2)
• Namita Gokhale (1)
• tagmatization (1)
• BR alpha (1)
• Palazzo Chigi (1)
• da capo aria (2)
• Burma Shave signs (1)
• Broad billed Flycatche (1)
• Dominic (6)
• rhabditiform larva (2)
• Personality stabilizat (1)
• Miship language (1)
• Bob Tracy (1)
• Innate resistance (1)
• Blamelessly (3)
• Thanatophoric Dysplasi (6)
• EACCME (1)
• Axel lift (2)
• Rhos (4)
• babu (12)
• Claibe Richardson (1)
• repression (18)