[n] - (pathology) abnormal sensitivity to stimulation 2. [n] - the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed
Found on http://www.webdictionary.co.uk/definition.php?query=irritation
Ir`ri·ta'tion noun [ Latin irritatio : confer French irritation .] 1. The act of irritating, or exciting, or the state of being irritated; excitement; stimulation, usually of an undue and uncomfortable kind; especially, excitement o...
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/I/100
A state of overexcitation and undue sensitivity. ... Origin: L. Irritatio ... (18 Nov 1997) ...
Found on http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?irritation
(ir″ĭ-ta´shәn) the act of stimulating. a state of overexcitation and undue sensitivity. adj., ir´ritative., adj.
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/local/21001
• (n.) The act of irritating, or exciting, or the state of being irritated; excitement; stimulation, usually of an undue and uncomfortable kind; especially, excitement of anger or passion; provocation; annoyance; anger. • (n.) The act of exciting, or the condition of being excited to actio...
Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/irritation/
(L. irritatio) a state of overexcitation and undue sensitivity.
Found on http://users.ugent.be/~rvdstich/eugloss/DIC/dictio48.html
Irritation or exacerbation, in biology and physiology, is a state of inflammation or painful reaction to allergy or cell-lining damage. A stimulus or agent which induces the state of irritation is an irritant. Irritants are typically thought of as chemical agents (for example phenol and capsaicin) ...
Found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irritation
- a sudden outburst of anger
- an uncomfortable feeling in some part of the body
- the act of troubling or annoying someone
Type: Term Pronunciation: ir′i-tā′shŭn Definitions: 1. Extreme incipient inflammatory reaction of the tissues to an injury. 2. The normal response of nerve or muscle to a stimulus. 3. The evocation of a normal or exaggerated reaction in the tissues by the application of a stimu...
Found on http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=45751
1) Aggravation 2) Anger 3) Annoyance 4) Bother 5) Botheration 6) Displeasure 7) Exasperation 8) Frustration 9) Infuriation 10) Irritant 11) Mental state 12) Pain 13) Pest 14) Provocation 15) Psyc...
Found on http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/irritation/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• coagglutination (3)
• Simon Pierro (1)
• heterophony (7)
• David DeFalco (1)
• Aksel Gresvig (1)
• Officetel (1)
• The Enigma (4)
• CROSS (25)
• SFK Vrchovina (1)
• Tom McLaughlin (2)
• Steve Galloway (2)
• Homospermidine synthas (1)
• Koksoak River (1)
• Voetius, Gisbertus (1)
• Grušovlje (1)
• Bob Valentine (4)
• Donald L. Weaver (1)
• vively (3)
• vagina fibrosa tendini (2)
• BCU (4)
• Paxton (5)
• Quantum singularity (1)
• extruct (2)
• Alexander Hale Smith (1)