A human burial where bones are articulated and have not been burnt. The body may be in a variety of positions; such as laid on the back, side, crouched and so on. In the Iron Age it was common for crouched burials as at West Chevington, (Northumberland). Since the Roman period most inhumations have ...
Found on http://www.keystothepast.info/durhamcc/k2p.nsf/k2pGlossaryList?readform&let
In`hu·ma'tion noun [ Confer French inhumation .] 1. The act of inhuming or burying; interment. 2. (Old Chem.) The act of burying vessels in warm earth in order to expose their contents to a steady moderate heat; the state o...
Found on http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/I/61
1. The act of inhuming or burying; interment. ... 2. <chemistry> The act of burying vessels in warm earth in order to expose their contents to a steady moderate heat; the state of being thus exposed. ... 3. <medicine> Arenation. ... Origin: Cf. F. Inhumation. ... Source: Websters Diction...
Found on http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?inhumation
• (n.) Arenation. • (n.) The act of inhuming or burying; interment. • (n.) The act of burying vessels in warm earth in order to expose their contents to a steady moderate heat; the state of being thus exposed.
Found on http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/inhumation/
(from the article `burial`) Burial in the ground by hollowing out a trench in the earth for the body or covering it with rocks or dirt dates back at least to Middle Paleolithic ... The beginning of the Iron Age was in many areas marked by change in burial rites. The extensive use of cremation during...
Found on http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/i/23
1) Burial 2) Entombment 3) Funeral 4) Interment 5) Sepulture
Found on http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/inhumation/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Everton, Arkansas (1)
• Aanval (1)
• enthesopathy (5)
• Titmice (2)
• Masonic Research (1)
• illucidate (1)
• capricioso (2)
• Timor Mortis Morte Pej (1)
• epulis gravidarum (2)
• John Ruddy (1)
• Otolith (10)
• Funbari (1)
• Robert Vial House (1)
• Sinistrophobia (2)
• Exauguration (2)
• Futre (1)
• Thank God I Found You (1)
• Ernie Wilkins (1)
• dwarf (23)
• Unfocused interaction (1)
• Chaugey (1)
• Infrared homing (1)
• Yaqub Mirza (1)
• Charles William Lancas (1)