A human burial where bones are articulated and have not been burnt. The body may be in a variety of positions; such as laid on the back, side, crouched and so on. In the Iron Age it was common for crouched burials as at West Chevington, (Northumberland). Since the Roman period most inhumations have ...
Found op http://www.keystothepast.info/durhamcc/k2p.nsf/k2pGlossaryList?readform&let
In`hu·ma'tion noun [ Confer French inhumation .] 1. The act of inhuming or burying; interment. 2. (Old Chem.) The act of burying vessels in warm earth in order to expose their contents to a steady moderate heat; the state o...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/I/61
1. The act of inhuming or burying; interment. ... 2. <chemistry> The act of burying vessels in warm earth in order to expose their contents to a steady moderate heat; the state of being thus exposed. ... 3. <medicine> Arenation. ... Origin: Cf. F. Inhumation. ... Source: Websters Diction...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?inhumation
• (n.) Arenation. • (n.) The act of inhuming or burying; interment. • (n.) The act of burying vessels in warm earth in order to expose their contents to a steady moderate heat; the state of being thus exposed.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/inhumation/
(from the article `burial`) Burial in the ground by hollowing out a trench in the earth for the body or covering it with rocks or dirt dates back at least to Middle Paleolithic ... The beginning of the Iron Age was in many areas marked by change in burial rites. The extensive use of cremation during...
Found op http://www.britannica.com/eb/a-z/i/23
1) Burial 2) Entombment 3) Funeral 4) Interment 5) Sepulture
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/inhumation/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Rogoredo (2)
• Systoloneura (1)
• thepalmbeach (1)
• Kufri Sindhupi (1)
• Robert Ferrar (1)
• Circle Fitting (1)
• ACRYLIC (25)
• Esculent (8)
• Vincentio (2)
• epipubis (3)
• Kpanan (1)
• Pudacuo National Park (1)
• Denise Bellamy (1)
• Spencer, Ohio (1)
• David D. Levine (1)
• mucolytics (2)
• Yellow Quill First Nat (1)
• Homothallism (2)
• Harold Olsen (1)
• shanghaiing (2)
• bromidrosis (3)
• Leif Juster (1)
• José N. Gándara (1)
• Elmatic (1)