Ex·er'tion noun The act of exerting, or putting into motion or action; the active exercise of any power or faculty; an effort, esp. a laborious or perceptible effort; as, an exertion of strength or power; an exertion of the limbs or of the ...
Found op http://www.encyclo.co.uk/webster/E/86
Expenditure of energy by skeletal muscles. Intensity of exertion may be measured by rate of oxygen consumption, heat produced, or heart rate. Perceived exertion, a psychological measure of exertion, is included. ... (12 Dec 1998) ...
Found op http://www.mondofacto.com/facts/dictionary?exertion
• (n.) The act of exerting, or putting into motion or action; the active exercise of any power or faculty; an effort, esp. a laborious or perceptible effort; as, an exertion of strength or power; an exertion of the limbs or of the mind; it is an exertion for him to move, to-day.
Found op http://thinkexist.com/dictionary/meaning/exertion/
exertion 1. The use of physical or mental energy; hard work. 2. The act or an instance of exerting, especially a strenuous effort.
Found op http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/1942/2
Exertion is a concept describing the use of physical or perceived energy. It normally connotates a strenuous or costly effort related to physical, muscular, philosophical actions and work. ==Physical== In physics exertion is use of energy against, or for, inertia as described by Isaac Newton`s Firs...
Found op http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exertion
1) Effort 2) Elbow grease 3) Force 4) Labor 5) Labour 6) Pull 7) Spell 8) Spirt 9) Spurt 10) Stitch of work 11) Strain 12) Stress 13) Stretch 14) Stroke of work 15) Struggle 16) Sweat 1...
Found op http://www.mijnwoordenboek.nl/EN/crossword-dictionary/exertion/1
Tip: double click on a word to show its meaning.
No exact matches found.
Typ a word and hit `Search`.
The most recent searches on Encyclo. Between brackets you will find the number of results and number of related results.
• Laurentide Ice Sheet (2)
• arabesque (25)
• Pax Britannica (5)
• Bunsik (1)
• Shawandasse (1)
• Breskens Pocket (1)
• search and destroy mod (1)
• Part Period Balancing: (1)
• ethnoscience (3)
• marred (4)
• Originalism (3)
• excomm (4)
• Breskens Pocket (1)
• Nico Esterhuyse (1)
• UWM Post (1)
• elliptic polarization (4)
• Rajesh Koothrappali (1)
• Pangsang Township (1)
• Villain (21)
• Escut (1)
• Tabei Junko (1)
• Hypatia (11)
• Submerged Records (1)
• Michael Eisen (1)